treize.

the potters were tired

the potters were tired. aquila potter in particular was unusually quiet as she hugged her dead husband and children tightly.

older sirius had knocked on the door, and poked his head in, his eyes dropping to the pile of people on the floor, his face dropping in sympathy, "they're just about to start the movies back up, they asked me to call you all back in there."

the children got up, as well as james, but aquila stayed on the floor, taking deep breaths.

"you coming, mummy?" amalthea called, looking towards her mother with hope.

"not right now, love, i think i'll sit this one out." aquila responded, sending her youngest daughter a sad smile, but nodding her head to the door to send her family off.

and with that, the potter children, james, and older sirius returned to the room, not expecting what was to come.

tw: mention of blood, torture, and scars/bruising
i promise this is the last chapter of this for a while, this just fills what happens the rest of yule break.

third pov
yule break
number 12 grimmauld place

since the night of the ball at malfoy manor, aquila had not said a word to anyone in her family. not walburga, not orion, not regulus, not even kreacher.

her silence drove regulus to borderline insanity as he had no idea why she had taken the action of giving him the silent treatment. he had asked her on multiple occasions, only to be met with her cold eyes looking back at him, showing no emotion.

walburga however, unknowing to the boys, had continued to torture aquila whenever they were not around. the glamour that was put around aquila each time did nothing to ease her pain, but rather magnified it, as no one could tell she was harmed in any way.

orion shot his wife a venomous glare that told her exactly what he would have done to her, had she been untied.

orion had taken regulus with him to his sister dorea's home in order to pick something of hers up, and walburga took this as the perfect opportunity.

"oh no! don't leave her, uncle reggie!" thea called, holding tightly to her older uncle sirius.

"brat!" walburga called from the bottom of the staircase.

aquila perked up, regretting it instantly, as it tweaked one of her sore spots. she knew better than to ignore the woman downstairs, however, and arose from her bed, limping downstairs.

"come here." walburga hissed, dragging her daughter to the drawing room, where she was pushed into a chair that was in the center of the room, "now, you're going to tell me why i was informed by a slytherin student that you were speaking with the disgrace."