deux

after a small break, the audience sat in their previous spots and the movie continued.

laughter could be heard from the dark screen as it panned across the snowy pyrenees mountains to show the glistening beauxbatons castle.

aquila is shown as she awakes to the sounds of laughter coming from felicity and aurelie as charlotte screamed about not wanting to go to class.

"such a mood, char!" rabastan laughed, regulus glaring and pouting at the boy as the red-head laughned at his comment.

that was, until they heard a tap at the window.

aquila got up with a groan and glided over to the window where her family owl was waiting.

"aqua? who's that letter from?" charlotte asked, also walking over to the window.

"mother and father." aquila replied, tensely, opening the letter.

aquila lyra black,

your father and i have spoken with your headmistress and we have decided to transfer you to hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

we have already informed the dubois, dupont, and angelo families of this switch and their daughters will be attending with you, as you have told us you are friends with them.

remember, you are to be sorted into slytherin and bring pride to the noble and most ancient house of black. if you are not, you bring shame to the family. i expect a letter about how the sorting goes.

also, DO NOT associate yourself with blood-traitors, mudbloods, or half-breeds.

make me proud.

regards,

walburga irma black.

the noble and most ancient house of black.

"YES!" regulus, evan, rabastan, and barty yelled, knowing their older sister figure was now coming to hogwarts and would now be around them all the time.

the adults, however, were focused more on the part of the letter where she signed 'walburga' in the place of mother or mum, like any other would do regardless of being a pureblood witch or not.

"you couldn't even find it in your heart to sign it as her mother..." euphemia scoffed as she brought the girl closer to her, aquila burrowing into the embrace happily as she moved away from the eyes trained on her.

aquila finished the letter, and cracked a smile. the girls looked at her and she shoved the letter into their hands.

once the girls read it, a loud squeal broke out.

the girls turned towards felicity in amusement as she covered her mouth with her small hand.

chuckled burst from the mouths of many of the inhabitants of hogwarts as the bubbly girl giggled at her future actions and blushed when a ginger beauty caught her eye as her eyes lit up with laughter.

"sorry..." she said, sheepishly, "we're going to Hogwarts!"

aquila and charlotte proceeded to watch as their aurelie and felicity jumped around in a circle excitedly, and when a knock sounded at the door, aquila walked over to the door and opened it.

"you two are adorable..." charlotte said, as she shook her head in amusement.

"can i help you?" she asked, erasing the emotions from her previously content face.

headmistress clemente was standing at the door with a warm smile, looking softly upon the girl who had grown to be one of her favorite students.

"merlin, i can't! she's gorgeous..." marlene simped over the headmistress as dorcas laughed at her girlfriend and smacked the back of her head.

"yes, heiress' black, dubois, dupont, and angelo, you will please be at my office and ready to leave by 5:30pm sharp, we don't want you to be late for the sorting ceremony." clemente said, leaving immediately after.

~~~~~~~~~~

aquila, aurelie, charlotte, and felicity had said their goodbyes to their few acquaintances, teachers, and house mates, and were walking to the headmistress' office.

when they arrived, aquila knocked on the door and headmistress clemente allowed them to enter.

"now, girls, i expect you to show what beauxbatons has taught you during your time here and remember you are always welcome here." valentine exclaimed, before moving to where they could access her fireplace to floo to hogwarts.

aquila went first.

"hogwarts headmaster's office." aquila stated clearly.

followed by felicity, aurelie, and lastly charlotte.

they arrived in the headmaster's office and straightened out their clothing.

"ah, i've been expecting you. welcome to hogwarts misses angelo, black, dubois, and dupont." headmaster dumbledore said calmly. his blue eyes had a knowing glint in them and it made aquila uncomfortable, not that she showed it.

"he makes me uncomfy..." felicity said, shifting in aquila's lap, making her hug the girl closer.

"actually, it's heiress, headmaster dumbledore, please use our proper titles and refrain from calling us miss..." aquila responded, politely, refraining from sneering at the man in front of her.

"of course, my mistake, you must forgive me, the old age must have taken over, now... let us head to the feast where you will be sorted..."

"YES! I'M SO EXCITED!" the fifth year hufflepuff cried, bouncing in her seat.

~~~~~~~~~~

published: 4 january 2023

word count: 880

a/n: ahhh! sorry it took so long for this chapter! the holidays crept up on my super quick and i got rather busy. anyways, happy new years! i hope 2023 goes wonderful for you all! by the way, this is your reminder that you are gorgeous! remember to hydrate and take care of yourself, loves! thank you so much for taking the time to read this, i love you all! <3 hailey