neuf

november 3, 1975

november 3, 1975

sirius perked up at the sight of his birthday, hoping that this may be a little bit happier than the last few scenes.

the days between all hallow's eve and the twins' birthday had always seemed like the longest. they passed just as long as the summers they spent locked in their horrible home. but the day of the twins' sixteenth birthday had arrived. thus so, aquila woke to aurelie tearing the blankets from her body, and throwing something heavy on her.

"happy birthday, quils!!!" aurelie screamed excitedly, hurrying aquila to open the present that aurelie placed beside her. "open my gift, please please please!"

upon grabbing the gift, aquila tore through the glittery silver wraping paper, which had small holes dispersed throughout it that went unnoticed by aquila. the flaps popped open to show two small, excited puppies.

"awwww! babies!" young hailey gasped, hitting her emmett on the shoulder multiple times to accentuate her excitement.

"awwww! baby ares and nova!" adult hailey cooed, looking towards her best friend, who smiled at the screen.

"aura! they're beautiful!" aquila gasped, charlotte came over to see what the excitement was about and gasped when she saw the puppies.

"aurelie, are those wolves!" charlotte questioned, eyes widening.

"no, they're called northern inuit dogs, they're breeded to look like wolves though! they're perfect for our aqua!" aurelie giggled as aquila picked the two from the box and placed them on her bed, where they ran up to her and started licking all over her face, causing laughs to burst from the group's mouths, causing attention from regulus, who was standing outside of their door.

regulus knocked, "are you ladies decent?"

"yes reggie, come in!" aquila laughed, picking up the black, male one in her right arm, and the white, female one in her left arm.

"aquila, put down the wolves..." regulus said, carefully, holding his arms between the dogs and himself.

sirius burst out laughing, along with a majority of the hall at regulus' reaction.

"oh, reg, they're not wolves, they're dogs!" aquila responded as she kissed her puppies' heads.

"that's what they want you to think!" regulus yelled before hiding behind charlotte who hugged him to her body.

this caused even more laughter to sound from the hall, as regulus blushed and went to aquila to burrow into her.

"don't worry, reggie, i'll save you," charlotte mocked, holding him close and kissing his forehead, causing his cheeks to become pomegranates, before he laughed.

regulus blushed even more, hiding his face even more in aquila's side, as he caught charlotte smirking.

"see, at least someone understands!" regulus sniffed playfully, rubbing his face into charlotte's neck.