onze.

tw: lots of blood and grief, and mentions of death

third pov

first day of yule break

aquila was cold.

orion didn't feel her blood pumping through her veins.

sobs continued as people struggled to breathe.

walburga had tortured their daughter to death. and orion knew he would do anything to bring his princess back to him.

"kreacher!" orion screamed for the house elf, who was in regulus' room, trying to comfort him.

kreacher popped away, which alarmed regulus enough to follow the elf downstairs.

the sight made him sick.

his father was covered in the blood of his unresponsive sister. her blood was pooling around her and staining the floors. the worst of all, her dead eyes were staring directly at him, staring into his soul.

regulus dry heaved while struggling to breathe, choking on his tears, as charlotte rubbed his back.

people gagged as they saw the blood, and many looked away from the scene.

james, however, couldn't look away. neither could her children. they were looking for any sign of life that they could, although they found none, and that's what scared them.

"aquila?" regulus whimpered as he ran down the rest of the stairs.

"regulus stay back." orion commanded, lifting his hands towards his youngest, aquila's blood dripped from his hands and onto the floor.

"no, no, that's my sister!" regulus cried as he ran the rest of the way to his older sister, picking up her lifeless body and placing it on his lap before hugging her to him.

once she was placed on his lap, he felt the one thing that was missing and it broke him.

her heartbeat was gone.

"no, no, no, keila come back to me, no!" regulus sobbed, distraught.

for once, the hall was silent for the exception of the strangled sobs that left the majority of people.

the slytherin group plus amos and felicity had surrounded aquila while in tears. rabastan, evan, barty, and regulus sat the closest, while narcissa curled into lucius in her grief.

he begged and pleaded with orion, begging the constellations and mother magic to bring her back to him.

they both pulled their wands and began to perform as many healing spells as they could think of. none of them had worked.