Behind the curtains

There was no need to attend middle school after the incident.

I simply informed them I was to traumatized to go and needed a break.

'There wasn't a need since I was going to be accepted either way.'

A special high school entrance exam including Eungwang player master high school began in November or December and ended in December by the earliest and latest by February.

The final exam for the 2nd semester in middle school was at the end of December, so the score considered for the exam was until the 1st semester of 8th grade.

'I don't need to go to school.'

Based on Jegal, I anticipate passing the theory exam.

So, I'm free since I don't have to attend as I have already decided to be accepted.

'In the past, I attended school despite knowing that I was accepted.'

After the acceptance, there could be penalties such as getting a zero for general score due to absence as retaliation.

Still, if I take the final exam, it doesn't matter if I attend or not.

If I fulfill the minimum number of attendances, I normally wouldn't get my acceptance canceled unless I get expelled.

When I apply for a job, there are almost no companies that look at the secondary education details, and even if they did, they only looked at high school so there was no disadvantage.

'There are a lot of things to do, but let's just go once.'

I still decided to go to chess matches I scheduled but that was all.

The best way to utilize the time was get rid of my trauma.

I still had difficulty playing with chess for long.

My opponents were surprised by how cold the hands were. It wasn't all that bad but as I kept playing I felt a short dizziness it was difficult to play I only stopped when I truly did not feel well though most of the time I didn't stop.

I played with a AI even if my condition was bad because I couldn't afford to keep this weakness.

'I want to play with my main character Baek Ho and my junior Eun Ho.'

Back then I had no idea that Seongheon idolized me. I only knew because of the novel it was after my family had died that I stopped playing. I never knew why Seongheon felt so comfortable around me in the beginning but it would have been that he recognized even without the glasses I wore just like the novel had said.

'As for Baek Ho...Come to think of it isn't he interested in chess in this life as well?'

Since I didn't see Baek Ho during the entrance exam I can only conclude that this world is based on the game.

'In the novel Kim Shin Rok said that he was learning chess because he wanted to be closer to his teacher Baek Ho.'

Let's say that Baek Ho is unaware of the setting. That would mean that certain events would be disrupted in the novel the person who always had Jo Euishin's back was Baek Ho.

'The blessing had a question mark what the hell did that even mean?'

One of the theories was that Jo Euishin was blessed by the white tiger. However I couldn't remember exactly.

'...Let's focus on current situation. I'm going to meet Namwook and Sanghoon later from there I will prepare to meet with the head of the Ho clan.'

"So, Euishin and I need to give a testimony?" Namwook said furiously without hiding his anger.

They were inside a room of a Korean restaurant which Sanghoon invited them to.