1

As the Athena Parthenos stood on Half-Blood Hill, the battle raged on all around them. Demigods, both Greek and Roman, joined forces to fight against Gaia's forces. The demigods were hopelessly outnumbered, but it looked like they were winning the fight.

At least, it looked like it.

Percy noticed Annabeth, Piper and Reyna working together as a unit, hacking and slashing everything in their path. Jason used the wind to do his bidding and summoned lightning after lightning. To his left, Frank turned to a rhino with Leo riding on his back, shooting flames out of his hands and turning the enemies into piles of ashes.

At the corner of his eye, Percy saw Nico and Hazel using the forces of the dead to help them, pushing the enemy lines back. Despite the disparity in their numbers, Percy felt like they were winning.

Alas, it was never that easy.

The ground rumbled, the epicentre located among the army of monsters. From the ground, Gaia rose like a drill. The earth twisted around and formed a twenty-foot tall hooded figure wearing a brown robe.

I'm awake, Gaia muttered, but her voice seemed to resonate from below them rather than from the figure. Percy found himself standing next to Jason.

"There's Queen Dirt Face," Jason muttered. "Any ideas?"

"I've got nothing," Percy admitted. "Got any more lightning bolts up your sleeve?"

"I can squeeze out one more," Jason said. "Before I shrivel up and die from exhaustion,"

Percy took a good look at the situation. "I have a plan," Percy said. Jason looked at him before grinning and nodded.

"Nice knowing you, Jackson,"

"Don't get sentimental now," Percy smirked. He ran towards Gaia, slashing and hacking the enemy lines, making a straight line towards the primordial.

Your attempts are futile, Gaia said. I will see your lands destroyed!

Percy let out an ungodly scream as the ground beneath her erupted into a massive geyser that was powerful enough to lift her off the ground. Percy took the current up towards where Gaia was being pushed up by the torrent of water.

Gah! I will- Gaia sputtered. -kill you!

"Shut up!" Percy landed on her primordial torso. He stabbed his sword into her body and ran it all the way up to her face. Behind him, Jason landed and stabbed her on the neck. The primordial howled in pain. "Jason, now!"

"You need to get out of there!" Jason shouted back. He knew that if he fired this lightning bolt, Percy will get caught in the blast radius and die.

He might be the strongest demigod alive - much to Jason's dismay - but he was still mortal.

"Just do it! I'll be fine!" Percy insisted. He knew what was going to happen.

"But-"

"Do it now Grace!" Percy shouted. Gaia tried to reach for him, but he sliced her hand out of the way. The geyser was getting weaker, but he knew he had to hold on. Reluctantly, Jason flew away and let loose his final and most powerful lightning bolt ever. The flash blinded everyone momentarily, but it vaporized everyone within five meters of the blast zone.

After being blinded momentarily, their visions returned. When the dust cleared, nothing was left. The enemy realizes their defeat and retreated. Where Percy and Gaia had been, there was nothing left but a huge crater.

Annabeth and the other demigods went towards the scene, only to find Jason passed out near the crater and Percy nowhere to be seen. "Where's Percy?" Annabeth asked. As she leaned towards the crater, a figure flew out at blinding speed. Nothing was seen of it except a blurry shadow with what looks like to be wings. Everyone stared at it. As the figure flew, it let out a trail of white dust that could be mistaken as snow.