15

Aside Percy and Lucia, none of them had ever seen Nihil in person.

"Um, who are you?" Jason asked.

"Uh, guys. This is Chaos." Percy said. "Or as per her temporary name, Nihil."

"Hey." Nihil grinned as she waved at everyone while floating midair in a cross-legged position.

"Chaos." Jason repeated.

"Chaos." Nihil assured him.

"Chaos, as in, creation?"

"Chaos, as in, creation." Nihil repeated.

"As in, older than everything else? That Chaos?"

"That's me, although I use moisturizer every night to keep my skin smooth." Nihil said.

Jason laughed nervously. "She has a sense of humor. That's great." Jason muttered. "Um, hello there."

"Don't worry. I had trouble believing it at first." Percy said.

"You guys need to relax." Nihil said. "Think of me as just a normal god. You guys are used to that, right?" Nihil said. Then, she turned towards Reyna. "And no, I'm not the enemy."

Reyna looked surprised. "I didn't say anything."

"He can read minds." Percy sighed. "One of the more annoying traits he has."

"It's not that I could read minds." Nihil said. "It's like a comic book. All of your thoughts are projected into my head like a comic speech bubble."

"That's . . . unsettling." Annabeth said. "So, uh, what are you doing here?"

Normally, when demigods are graced with the presence of a god or goddess, they usually tend to be more respectful and humble.

But with Nihil, people are just so confused and in awe that they can't help but be casual because they thing it's a dream.

"I'm here to talk to Percy for a second." Nihil said. "Then I'll return him back to you guys, okay?"

No one argued because, well, it's Chaos. Even someone like Zeus would've smited someone just for breathing at him wrong, let along someone like Chaos.

So Percy and Nihil went to the other side of the arena for a talk. "How are you feeling?" Nihil asked.

"I feel fine." Percy said. "My chest feels funny."

"Any unusual feelings?" Nihil asked. "Funny side effects? Sudden urge to bite into a tree?"

"Uh, no."

"Good. I was just making sure your body is adapting well to my powers." Nihil said. "Which is why I'm here."

"I've been meaning to ask." Percy said. "What the hell did you do to me?"

Nihil grinned. She held her hand out with her palm open and sparks of black lightning shot out of it. "I've made you my apprentice, so you'll receive some of my powers."

"Like this lightning thing?" Percy asked.

"This 'lightning' thing is called Flames of Creation." Nihil said. "One of the earliest tools I used to create, well, everything."

"You're kidding."

Nihil shook her head as she lowered her hand. "I've used the Flames to create the first stars in the universe. The stars themselves weren't as hot as the Flames though. They can't really be contained, which is why they sprout out everywhere like lightning."

"Uh huh." Percy said, pretending that he understood what Nihil just said. "So, what can I do with them?"

"These Flames have enough power in them to evaporate anything." Nihil said with a serious tone. "And when I say everything, I mean everything. Primordials included."