23

Unlike most demigods Percy knew, Lucia fought in a completely different style than Percy was used to.

This was also probably why Gaia had trouble dealing with her for the first few seconds.

Lucia moved with a flurry of strikes. Compared to traditional fighting styles with powerful swings, Lucia's style was designed to overwhelm her opponents with quick and fast strikes, giving them hardly enough time to breathe or react.

With each strike that Gaia parried, Lucia replied with two more of her own. They weren't heavy blows, but they're dealing damage for sure.

Unfortunately, that lasted for about twenty seconds before Gaia regained her composure and goes on the offensive. Being the fast warrior she is, Lucia was agile and elusive. She dodged, jumped, and weaved through Gaia's attacks.

But pretty soon, she's going to encounter the same problem Percy did. The endurance difference between a primordial and a mortal. Even if she could go toe to toe with Gaia, she can't keep it up for long. There was no way to defeat her.

But her job wasn't to defeat Gaia. It's to buy as much time as she could so Percy could regain his strength.

So Lucia did what anyone with a shred of sanity would do, and bolted away in the opposite direction of Percy.

"You're running?!" Gaia bellowed. "Coward!"

"You speak like a Scooby Doo villain!" Lucia shouted back. "And you smell like mud!"

"Get back here!" Gaia starts chasing after Lucia.

Gaia was fast and could catch up to Lucia in no time, but since she ran into the army of monsters it made it harder for Gaia to catch up.

"You look like a hellhound sat on your face!" Lucia shouted. She didn't know if Gaia could hear her over the sound of battle, but Gaia looked pissed.

"I'll show you a- get out of my way!" Gaia shouted angrily. "Stop stepping on my foot!"

Lucia made it harder for her as she cripples whatever monster she found so that they would fall in Gaia's way.

"Make way! Let me through!" Gaia said. "Who's throwing apples?! Stop throwing apples!"

When Gaia caught up to her, they engaged in another short battle but Lucia focused on being in the defensive. She had no intention of beating Gaia, only buying Percy time.

They exchanged blow for merely a few seconds before Lucia starts running again.

It was indeed a weird sight because Jason, who was in the middle of flying across the battlefield, saw the scene and was confused by it.

Why was Lucia being chased by Artemis?

"You need help?" Jason shouted.

"I'm good, thanks!" Lucia shouted back as she vaulted over a kneeling Cyclops and kept running.

"You're so annoying!" Gaia growled.

"The feeling's mutual!" Lucia said as she parried one of her strikes and kept backing off. With all the commotion going on around her, it surprised Lucia that she was able to keep up with everything that is happening.

As she was running, Lucia's leg caught on something and she tripped. "Got you!" Gaia growled as she lunged towards Lucia.

Quickly, Lucia slashed the back of the knees of a nearby Giant and rolled out of the way. Gaia's sword struck at nothing as the Giant collapsed and sat on top of her.

"Heads up." Lucia grinned.

Gaia glared daggers at her. She finally snapped. "THAT'S ENOUGH!"

There was an explosion of power as everything around Gaia was sent flying away. All the senses in her body was screaming. Her ears were ringing, her eyesight was blurry, and her body felt numb. Lucia managed to catch her breath as she sat up.