22

Percy will give her this.

Gaia was good with a sword.

Percy expected that a primordial who has world-destroying powers would try and obliterate the world in an instant. But she was now locked in a duel against Percy at sword point.

This could mean two things. First one is that Gaia is just toying with Percy and wanted the satisfaction of killing Percy with her own hands.

Or two, she can't use her full power yet. Percy hoped it was the latter. Maybe it's because she's not comfortable with her body yet or maybe Artemis is fighting her.

In any case, that means Percy has a time limit to which he can fight against Gaia on equal level before Gaia explodes everything around her.

Percy lunged with Riptide and slashed his sword in a sideways arc. Gaia stepped back slightly and countered with a barrage of attacks. Percy managed to deflect and dodge most of it, but some managed to cut Percy.

Gaia twirled and tried decapitating him, but he anticipated the attack and blocked her sword before kicking her in the chest. He wasted no time in dashing forward and tackling the primordial to the ground. His hand sparked with black flames as he tried to use the Flames again, but Gaia was quick as she grabbed Percy by the neck in some MMA-type move and locked Percy in an arm armbar submission.

Percy struggled against her, but she had a firm grip on him. It felt like Gaia was ripping his arm off.

With the adrenaline pumping through him, he thought of the only thing he could do. He opened his mouth wide and buried his chompers into Gaia's leg.

To be honest, Percy didn't expect it to work as well as it did. He expected to get a face full of dirt, but instead he bit Gaia so hard that Gaia yowled in pain and loosened her grip to which Percy managed to escape.

His mouth felt watery and when he spit, golden blood spat out. Gaia's leg was wounded, but unlike the burn on her face it healed instantly.

"What a noble way of fighting." Gaia growled.

"Says the primordial who uses trickery and deceit." Percy countered as he took out his other sword. If he was going to fight her, Riptide wasn't going to cut it.

Gaia's eyes widened when she saw the sword, but she quickly recomposed. "You're going to die here." Gaia said.

"Heard that before." Percy twirled the Sword of Blood in his hand and muttered to it. "Lend me your power."

The sword changed and morphed. The blade itself changed into a single edged blade that looked like a pirate's cutlass. The hilt elongated and a similar blade popped out at the other end of it.

Percy was now wielding a two-bladed polearm.

Without hesitation, Percy spun the thing in his hand and struck at Gaia with an endless flurry of strikes. It was easy since the double-bladed aspect of the weapon made it easy for him to quickly deliver continous strikes.

Gaia was on the defensive. She backstepped multiple times, parried and also dodged but she didn't attack.

But Percy was too caught up to notice. It felt like he was finally pushing Gaia back and forcing her on the defensive. Gaia was quick on her feet.

Then, there was a moment where Percy overcomitted just a little bit and Gaia managed to disarm him and his weapon rolled onto the ground.

He expected Gaia to use the opportunity to lunge at him, but instead Gaia lunged at the Sword of Blood. Percy was quick on his feet and beat Gaia to it.