16

It took five days before they had any sort of lead to go off of.

The Hunters were on their way to Camp Half-Blood where Artemis will try and find out if she could help. Jason had contacted Thalia and gave her a brief rundown of what he knew.

Needless to say, Thalia freaked the fuck out.

Reyna and Lucia were at Camp Jupiter where they were going through Roman archives to see if they had any records regarding and magical relic in their books. So far, they found nothing apart from the magic toilet that flushes randomly.

Percy had to convince Reyna that the toilet wasn't a relic.

After a long discussion with Chiron, Rachel decided to head back to Camp Jupiter as well to continue deciphering the Sybilline Books. Annabeth and Percy were sending her off.

"Call us if you need anything." Annabeth gave Rachel a hug. "Or anytime you want. I'd love to hear some stories of before I got amnesia'd."

"I thought Percy was already telling you all that." Rachel said.

"He is, but just in case he's lying, you know?"

"You still don't trust me?" Percy asked.

"I do. But like I said, just in case." Annabeth smirked.

"I see you two are getting along well." Rachel noticed.

"Well, from the stories he's told me, it looked like we were like the bestest of friends." Annaberh said.

At that remark, Rachel tensed. She glanced at Percy who wasn't meeting her eyes.

"You two were practically inseparable." Rachel said. "Can I talk to Percy for a moment, before I leave?"

Annabeth nodded and gave them some space as Rachel pulled Percy aside. "You haven't told her?"

"Told her what?"

Rachel glanced back to make sure that Annabeth wasn't listening. "That you two were in love with each other?"

"No, I haven't." Percy admitted.

"Why?" Rachel asked. "I thought you'd be dying to go back to her after being away for years."

"I am." Percy muttered. "But I'm not telling her."

"Why not?"

"What would she say if I dropped a bombshell like that out of nowhere?" Percy said. "'Hey, I know you don't remember me, but we used to be a couple and we were in love with each other. Can you love me back?'"

Rachel smacked Percy's arm. "Of course it sounds dumb when you say it like that." Rachel said. "But you still have to tell her."

"I will, but not now." Percy said. "We need everyone to focus on the threat at hand and I don't want to freak her out right now."

Rachel wanted to argue, but she knew Percy had a point. "Fine. Suit yourself." Rachel said as she walked away and gave her final goodbye to Annabeth before leaving.

"What did you guys talk about?" Annabeth asked.

"Something about my past life." Percy admitted.

Annabeth sighed. "You know, I'm kind of jealous."

Percy raised an eyebrow. "About what?"

"The fact that only you and Rachel remember everything about our own past." Annabeth said.

Percy felt guilty since he was responsible for everyone losing their memories. "Sorry."

"I don't blame you." Annabeth said. "If we were as close as you make us be, I knew you would have had a good reason of doing what you did."