17

Percy's sleep was met with a dream.

He was at the top of the Empire State Building. The night sky shined dimly over the bustling city of New York.

"Hey." A voice said next to him. Percy turned to see a familiar face.

"Luke?" Percy said.

Luke grinned. "It seems you have an eventful week." Luke said.

"Okay, seriously. How do you know about this?" Percy asked. "Do you have a spy somewhere in camp again."

Luke winced. "That's low." Luke said. "Like I said, I have my ways."

Percy chuckled. "How've you been?"

"Same old, same old." Luke said. "But we can talk about that later. Right now, I have more pressing matters to talk to you about."

Percy tensed. "What is it?"

"Your time is now limited." Luke said.

"Uh, I kinda already knew that." Percy said.

Luke shook his head. His sandy blonde hair waved along with the breeze. "You don't understand. Gaia's already made her first move. It won't be long until she'll act again."

"What do you mean?" Percy asked.

"You're gonna need everyone on your side for this." Luke said. "You can't do this alone. She's gaining more power and it will only be a matter of time before she'll be unstoppable."

"You mean Gaia?"

Luke nodded. "The pieces are in place. You will have to stick them together. They're on their way, as we speak."

"Who is?"

"You'll find out soon."

"You know, this'll be a lot easier if you just tell me straight up what you're saying." Percy said.

Luke smiled. "You know that's not how it works." Luke said. "Just know, I believe in you Percy. You'll get through this." Luke said.

Percy was about to say something else when the scene dissolved and he woke up with a startle. It was already morning the next day and the conch horn had sounded for breakfast. Percy yawned as he got ready to head out.

Once outside, the campers were gathered at the dining pavilion. Percy, being the only son of Poseidon currently in camp, sat alone at his table. He wished Lucia was here right now so he wouldn't feel so lonely.

He didn't have much of an appetite after the dream he'd just witnessed, which sucks because the wind spirits brought him a nice breakfast.

After eating his breakfast without much enthusiasm, Percy figured it would be best if he trained for now. At least that was going to get his mind off of things while waiting for a lead.

Out of nowhere, someone spoke to him as he was on his way to the arena. Percy?

Percy was so startled that he jumped. He looke around to see if someone had called him in real life. There was no one looking at him, so he must've misheard.

Can you hear me?

Percy turned around again to see if one of the Hermes kid was playing a prank on him, but no one was around him. "Hello?" He said out loud.

I'm here.

It took Percy a while to realize that the voice came from inside his head. "Uh, hello?"

Yes, I can hear you.

The only person who'd spoken to him in his head recently was Gaia, but it's been a while since he's heard her voice. And the one speaking currently is not her. It was someone else.