19

There were good news and bad news.

The good news is that they managed to reach Camp Half-Blood relatively in one piece.

The bad news is that they were dying.

When Percy got to the scene, he saw Jason, Zoe, and Thalia lying on the ground unconscious. All three of them looked in rough shape.

Seeing Zoe triggered Percy's PTSD. Why was she with them?

"They've lost so much blood." One of the Apollo campers said. "Bring them into the infirmary. Prepare for a surgery and blood transfusion."

The campers went to work as they escorted the three unconscious demigods into camp. Percy had mixed feelings about it. Zoe had betrayed him. Why was she being led into his home?

Percy could feel his right arm tingling with energy. His swirling emotions making it hard for him to control the Flames. Luckily, even if he exploded all of a sudden there was no one in the vicinity outside of camp.

"Easy there, Perseus." Percy turned around to see Nihil floating in front of him in her usual cross-legged position. "You only have three uses out of that."

"Why is she here?" Percy growled.

"Beats me." Nihil said nonchalantly.

"Don't play with me." Percy said. He could feel his body heating up. Something was bubbling inside of him that if not contained, could end up disintegrating him.

"If you don't control the Flames, you'll blow everyone up." Nihil said. "Including her." Nihil pointed to someone behind Percy.

"Percy?" Annabeth called. Percy turned around to see her looking at him with concern. Her face calmed him down. Percy took a few deep breaths and got the Flames under control. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Percy said before turning towards Nihil. "Why is she here?"

"She'll explain herself." Nihil said. "In the mean time, I have some news. The dawn of the final battle is approaching and you have little to no time to prepare. I'd say about four days."

"What?" Percy said. "Why so suddenly?"

"I don't like this timing any more than you do." Nihil said seriously. "But Gaia will be coming after you. If you have any final preparations, I suggest you do it now. I won't be able to help you, but the Flames will be enough to defeat her."

"That's not nearly enough time to prepare anything."

"I know." Nihil said grimly. "She's still weak, but she's gaining power quickly. If you don't stop her, there will be nothing left standing between her and the end of the world."

Percy cursed under his breath. "Four days?"

Nihil nodded. "At the dawn of the fifth day, she'll be here. That's your deadline."

"Fine." Percy said. "So be it."

Nihil nodded before disappearing. Percy turned towards Annabeth who was still looking concerned. "What is it?" She asked.

"We don't have a lot of time." Percy said. "Contact Camp Jupiter. Tell them to be on standby. We're going to war soon."

Line Break

Zoe woke up feeling sore all over her body. What happened?

She remembered Jason getting them a ride to Long Island. But then they were attacked just when they were about to arrive. Everything was a blur. There was a huge monster, an explosion, a lightning bolt. Zoe remembered shouting and yelling before everything when dark.