Your room

Back in Avengers Tower, Peter disappeared into his room so quickly I barely noticed. Nat left us as soon as the elevator arrived at the private chambers. She has taken the elevator further up to help the others with their research while Wanda will show me where I will be staying from now on. The hallway from which the individual bedrooms lead is unspectacular but endlessly long, no idea how many rooms are lined up here. Peter's room is the fourth door on the left and Wanda stops in front of the fifth door. She opens the door and gestures for me to go inside. When I enter the room, I am speechless. To say that this is a normal bedroom is an absolute understatement. The size of the room reminds me more of a suite. The room is separated in the middle by a wall of shelves, so you have two rooms in this room. Nevertheless, both rooms can be seen from the front door. On the left the whole wall is made of glass and offers a spectacular view. On this side of the room, the floor leads over two steps into a kind of pedestal on which a queen-size bed stands. Opposite the pedestal, a wardrobe is embedded in the wall with completely mirrored sliding doors. The floor on the right is level. This part of the room seems to be a kind of living room. A gray sofa, larger than the queen-size bed, is against one wall, opposite the shelving divider. A television hangs in front of the dividing wall, which can obviously be moved out of the ceiling and back in again using a remote control. Pictures with floral motifs and the New York skyline hang everywhere. The color scheme of the room consists of soft pink tones, black, white and grey. I am instantly blown away and absolutely in love with this room. From the living room a door leads to a bathroom. As if hypnotized, I step through the open door and...... what can I say....... the speechlessness persists. The room is about half the size of the living room and bedroom. Here everything is kept in dark anthracite and white. Here, too, large windows in the left wall ensure that everything is flooded with light. On the same wall, under the window, is a huge bathtub that appears to have a whirlpool function, I can see the jets. Behind it, where the window ended, is a walk-in rain shower. The toilet and a long row of washbasins with a mirror are located opposite the shower and bathtub. When I come back into the living room, Wanda is standing in the doorway and looks at me with amusement.

Victoria: Are all the rooms here the size of a small apartment?

She nods, laughing.

Wanda: Yes. You'll learn that about Tony, everything always has to be huge, luxurious and somehow over the top.

Victoria: I can see that.

I drop my travel bag on the sofa and continue looking around.

Wanda: Ok.......... I'll let you unpack then. If you need anything, you saw that Peter's room is right next door. My room is the one next to Peter's. And there is actually always someone in the living room or the kitchen.

As far as I could see the doors to the other rooms were all open. Except for the door of the room across from me. Whose room might that be?

Victoria: Who's room is across the hall?

Wanda: That... That's... Bucky's room.

Just hearing his name fills my eyes with tears that immediately stream down my cheeks. I fall onto the sofa, put my head in my hands and cry. Everything could be so beautiful now if I hadn't been such a fucking coward. But instead, James is missing and going through God knows what. What if he wasn't just kidnapped? What if he...... I can't finish the thought, the mere idea is too horrifying.

Wanda: We'll find him. You know, Bucky is tough.

I wish I could be that optimistic. I'm just scared for him. Scared that I'll never see him again. Scared that I'll never be able to tell him I'm in love with him.

Victoria: It's all my fault.

Wanda: Don't say that.

Victoria: But it's true.

When I look up, Wanda sits down next to me on the sofa and gives me a questioning look.

Victoria: We... we had a fight last time we saw each other. That's why he left the house earlier than planned. And the way Peter said it, James hasn't come home since that very night.

Wanda: Still, it's not your fault. You had no way of knowing someone was watching you. And I'm sure Bucky thinks so too.

Victoria: What if I never see him again? There's so much more I wanted to say to him. So far I've just been too cowardly.

She takes my hand and squeezes it comfortingly.

Wanda: You will see him again. And then you can tell him anything you want to.

Tears come over me again, accompanied by violent sobs. I'm surprised when Wanda pulls me into her arms. She holds me and rubs my back soothingly as I cry out my fear into her shoulder.

Wanda: Everything will be fine. We will find him.