three.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON ONE — CHAPTER THREE
"You're right. He is a cop, but I'm not."

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Alex was surprisingly not grossed out by Merle's detached hand and the dangling handcuffs. She simply analyzed the scene and the blood, annoyed that Merle hadn't stayed put. She couldn't blame him for doing what he did. He didn't know anyone would come back for him, but that didn't prevent irritation to rumble within her like a temblor.

Fuming, Daryl breathed in and out. Alex sensed his outburst from a mile away, pulling out her gun. Just like she expected, Daryl pointed his crossbow at T-Dog, shouting. She didn't hesitate to point her gun at his head.

Rick did the same, letting Daryl know that hurting T-Dog had no good outcome for him. Looking at the crossbow with concealed fright, T-Dog prayed Alex and Rick could calm Daryl down.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick said, pressing his gun against Daryl's temple.

"You won't do it. You're a cop." Daryl scoffed, staring straight at T-Dog.

Alex nodded. "You're right. He is a cop, but I'm not." With that, Daryl lowered his crossbow, controlling his emotions.

Glad that Daryl got the message quicker than his brother, Alex lowered her gun along with Rick, still on alert. "You got a rag or something?" T-Dog handed him a rag to keep his brother's hand in.

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs," Daryl mentioned as he wrapped up the dismembered hand and put it in Glenn's pack. "Ain't that a bitch?"

"He must have used a tourniquet — maybe his belt. There would be much more blood if he didn't." Daryl said, examining the scene more closely. He spotted a trail of blood, prompting everyone to follow while T-Dog stayed back to get Dale's tools like they promised.

Entering a new area of the building, they went down a flight of stairs. Glenn stayed near Alex. Despite knowing she could protect herself, he still wanted to be by her side, just in case. "Merle? You in here?"

Daryl stayed in the front, leading the group into unfamiliar territory. He shot any walker in the head, hoping not to attract any more. There were already two dead walkers on the floor, implying Merle had a lot of fight in him. "Had enough in him to take out these two bitches one-handed."

Papers were scattered all over the floor, showing how much chaos enveloped the office. "Toughest asshole I've ever met, my brother. Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails."

"How lovely." Alex said sarcastically. Daryl shot her a glare, and she returned it.

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is," Rick said, knowing how unrealistic it was that Merle survived. Dagger in hand, Alex continued following the trail of blood that contaminated the tiled floor. The boys went behind her as she spotted a stove on.