six.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON TWO — CHAPTER ONE
"You're the strongest person I know."

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Fort Benning was the group's new desired destination. However, the faith they shared slightly dimmed after losing Jacqui. Although Jacqui chose to stay behind, it didn't lessen the grief.

In order to successfully make it to Fort Benning, they needed a refill of gas and supplies, especially food. There was no way the remaining gas in the vehicles would make it 125 miles. Because they were the fastest, Alexandra and Glenn were in charge of accumulating enough food for the trip.

Examining her collection of knives, Alex tested how each one felt in her hand, wanting to be ready for any threat. Her gun was in her waistband as a last resort.

Glenn asked, "Ready to go?" He felt his heart skip a beat when her eyes flickered up to look at him.

Alexandra nodded, putting knives in her boots. "Let's go." Before leaving the group, she pressed a kiss on Katherine's forehead. Her baby was in Dale's arms. Jenner's words still lingered in Alex's mind. He was right about the world being a cruel place that bestowed Katherine little to no opportunities, but she had to prevail.

The duo wandered far enough until they reached an abandoned neighborhood. To get back to the group quicker, they entered two separate houses, praying to find what they needed.

Vigilant, Alex knocked on a house's door and waited to see how many walkers were inside. Upon hearing no alarming growls of ravaging hunger, she kicked open the door with ease and infiltrated the home. Immediately after clearing all the rooms, she raided the kitchen and the drawers. She took some time to examine the family pictures on the walls.

The structure she was standing in used to be someone's favorite place. It used to smell like sweet-scented candles and was originally decorated with care. A family used to eat at the dinner table together and converse about their day, never feeling the need to fear. It was now a hollow shell and a reminder that familiarity and security existed.

Envy made an appearance as she glanced at the family's buoyant smiles and the way they leaned into each other's arms. She always wanted that, but her father always seared her heart in more ways than one. 'Delusional' was what he would call her as she prayed for her body to belong to herself. His lingering eyes made it impossible. His temper created scars she had to conceal daily.

He created a young girl incapable of ever confessing the truth, who would always swallow down the lump in her throat before spewing out another lie.

Even after all he did, he apologized countless times and swore he loved her, leaving her concept of love tarnished with anguish. He let her believe that what happened was normal, mocking her with fake laughter. Nothing could undo his touch.