eight.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON TWO — CHAPTER THREE
"Tell her before it's too late.
It's not every day that
you find a love like that."

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Being separated from Alexandra and Katherine wasn't something Glenn felt comfortable doing. The thought of leaving them caused dread to churn in his gut. He kept visualizing what could go wrong while he was gone, making it impossible for him to leave for the farm without them by his side.

Moments like that reminded him how much the pair meant to him. Hurricanes of trepidation emerged uncontrollably. Indisputably, Alexandra was resilient. After all, she did survive for three weeks while caring for a baby. He just preferred to have her within running distance if necessary.

The first thing Alex discerned when arriving at the farm was how untouched it was. Walkers clearly hadn't been a major issue there, extending them a sense of safety. Even though she knew there were no walkers nearby, Alex yanked out her gun, careful not to wake up her daughter. She couldn't let her guard down, not with Katherine around.

It felt weird approaching the front steps, knowing that there were actual humans inside. It had been a while since Glenn and Alexandra had met a decent human. The last group of people they met had been more than distasteful.

Skeptical about how to proceed, Glenn asked, "So do we ring the bell? I mean, it looks like people live here." His grip on his gun tightened, remembering that not all people were nice and carried good intentions.

Recalling what the men wanted to do to Alex sent a wave of unforeseen acrimony. Was it so hard to be a decent human? According to the men they previously encountered, it was. However, Glenn wouldn't consider them human.

"We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we? Having to be considerate." T-Dog said, exhaustion dripping from his tone. He had a nasty infection. During their search for Sophia, the infection had grown worse and worse.

"Did you close the gate up when you drove in?" a voice asked. That was when Alex noticed the same woman that rescued Andrea. She was sitting in a rocking chair, her lips curved in amusement.

"Uh, hi. We closed it." Glenn said. "Did the latch and everything."

"Hi, it's nice to see you again," Alex said politely. She didn't fully trust the woman yet but was still thankful for her efforts to make things right. Not many people were that moral. "I wanted to thank you for saving Andrea and everything you're doing now. I'm Alexandra."

The woman stood up and said, "I'm Maggie." Her eyes landed on Katherine, who looked back at her strangely. She wasn't used to strangers. Maggie's eyes lit up at the sight of a baby. There was not much innocence left in the world. Katherine was like a breath of fresh air, reminding her of all the goodness the world used to have.