twenty two.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON THREE — CHAPTER THREE
"Hey, hey. In no way, shape, or form was this your fault.
Do you understand me?"

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

A sense of security loomed over the group, thanks to the prison. Well, it loomed over everyone but Alexandra. She tried to shake off the endless consternation in her veins; however, her instincts still went haywire. Perhaps it was the memories of her father returning one by one, or maybe it was the fact that nowhere was safe. Either way, she dismissed the overpowering sensation, focusing on the good.

"Glenn, what did you do to her hair?" she said, a smile gracing her lips.

Katherine giggled on Glenn's lap, her hair in two little — and quite frankly, terrible — pigtails. "Made her look ten times cuter. Didn't think it was possible, but it is." Delight was drenched in his every word. "What? You don't think so?"

Walking past their prison cell, Daryl furrowed his brows, unable to withhold his curiosity and facial expressions. His nose scrunched up as he examined Katherine. "What the hell happened to our little Firecracker?"

"Glenn happened." Alex teased.

"Hey, I'm getting better, and you know it," Glenn said as Katherine stood up and meandered toward Daryl. She extended her hands out, gesturing that she wanted to be picked up. Daryl obliged her silent request.

"Liar," Daryl muttered under his breath before walking off to see if Katherine wanted something to eat.

"Since when does she prefer him over me?" Glenn murmured, standing up from the bed. Alex smiled at the small frown on his face, draping her arms around him.

"You're her number one, you know that," Alexandra whispered, pecking his lips. With that reassurance, his smile returned. Slinging his hands around her hips, he deepened the kiss, relishing the time they had alone as their synced heart rates accelerated. He pressed her back against a wall as her legs wrapped around his waist.

Desire bombarded their minds. Glenn's hand wandered up her shirt, nearing her bra.

Overhearing familiar footsteps, their lips separated. Despite their evident panting, they created some distance between each other, waiting for the person to enter. They never did, increasing their frustration.

"We're gonna get caught," Alex complained as he approached.

His smile brightened. Glenn grabbed her belt loop and urged her to his side, walking out of the cell with his arm over her shoulder. "I know a place."

"How do you know a place? We haven't been here that long." Alexandra asked, liking the sound of a spot just for them — one where they hopefully wouldn't have to worry about walkers every five seconds, along with their own people.