5-partners in crime...sorta

I make sure we stay on track and don't continue circling, he seems to have a habit of getting lost.
"Do these uh...breaches happen often?" I asked. He shakes his head.
"No. This is the 5th on in about 50 or more years.... I've been here for a long time." He added on.
"You've been stuck here for that long?" I blurted, shocked. He nods.
"That's possibly how long I've been here, yes. Could be way longer. Time easily warps together when you're stuck in a white cell." He said with a hint of malice, understandably so though. Living such a way as this for so long would make me angry too.  A repetitive nightmare. The so long I've stayed here made me feel insane.
"Y/n?" I hear the doctor call. I snap out of my thoughts.
"Y-Yes?" I squeaked out. He stares at me for a short time.
"Make sure you stay aware of your surroundings. You dissociated." He told me. I nod.
"Uh... right. Sorry." I mumbled, embarrassed. I hear him chuckle softly, I felt my cheeks flush at that. I can't deny that was attractive to hear. No! No no no! He's not your kind, stop it! Just because he's nice doesn't mean he likes you! He could easily kill you! Shut up! He's a human in a bird mask, NOT your kind! I scream at myself internally while trying to help the Doctor keep track on where we're going.

It's been a few hours I'm guessing as we've been going down new hallways and almost going into old ones. I let out an exaggerated sigh.
"This building is too big." I mumbled, annoyed. Doctor nods.
"It truly is... but, they have to hold so many creatures, understandably so."
"Have you met some of these creatures?" I asked him curiously. He nods.
"Yes. Only in passing though. I've never had a full conversation with any of them, nor know their names." He told me while he looks around in a corridor. I nod.
"I see. Are some of them scary?"
"What's your definition of scary, my dear?" He told me as he looked back at me. I think a bit.
"I don't know, really? Something.... not usual?" I questioned myself. He chuckled and continues walking.
"Then yes, some... or quite a few, are scary." He told me, I can hear a smirk on his face. I skip up next to him and look up a him.
"How many, would you say?" I asked, still very curious. He looks at me for a few minutes before back to the front.
"I'd say 80% possibly." He guessed. I nod.
"That's a lot... how many have you met?... or well... got close to?" I asked. He thinks.
"I've been in contact in some form with..." He thinks more, pausing. "I'd say 50." My eyes widen.
"50!?" I blurted, surprised. He nods.
"Yes. That many." He told me casually. "There are many more than that, I've just never met those." He replied. He looks down at me, I see a grey glint from behind his mask's eye. Pretty. I stare at his eyes for a little too long I believe and look away.

It feels like days have past, but I believe it's only been one at the very most. I don't know what to really think of all of this still. It's all obsurd and confusing. It's all too weird.
I continue to walk next to the Doctor, helping direct him to the areas we haven't been. Such a confusing building. We both freeze at hearing voices. Humans?
"They have the plague..." the Doctor mumbled in a monotone voice. He runs forward at the people.
"Doctor no!!" I yelled and run after him. I grab onto his arm and try my hardest to grip onto the floor as he tugs me with him, he keeps trying to shake me off as he's yelling and grunting. The people are obviously alerted and start running to us and start shooting. I tug the Doctor to the side and push myself into him against the wall to try and keep him in place; difficult to do seeing as he's a foot taller than me, and a whole man, so he's very much stronger. But, I'm successful. The humans lost us and they charge down a hallway. The doctor's struggling slowly dies down. I keep listening to where the humans are going, my breathing shallow so it's not too noisy to hear. I hear a throat being cleared. I look up at the Doctor.
"You may... get off of me now." He spoke in a soft voice. Completely different from a few minutes ago. I stare up at him a bit flustered from the closeness before stiffly nodding and backing away.
"That... may happen a lot so you don't kill people. I'm sure we both want to escape in one piece. Yea?" I look around at the room before to him. He stands in the exact same spot as before and nods before fixing his coat. He looks around the room as well before we both head out after the coast is clear. This'll be interesting in the long run.