6-you wont take a day to heal

We've stopped for the time being at an area the Doctor says they serve food for the humans. I go into what Doctor said is the kitchen and I go to find some food as he wonders around. I find some food after a bit of looking and start munching from not eating for over a day or so. I sit on the counter and take a rest, the doctor comes and joins me after a while.
"Are you not hungry?" I asked him seeing as he's not looking for any food or anything. He shakes his head.
"I rarely eat. I am able to eat as you've seen, but I simply don't need to." He explained to me. I nod.
"I see... weird but I wish I could do the same." I said. I look over at him fully. "Can you even take the mask off?" I asked, curiously. He thinks.
"Well... yes and no. Yes, but it'll take a lot of effort and time as its part of me." I look at him surprised.
"That's your face? I thought it was a mask!"
"My dear, it is a mask. It's simply sewn into my face." I look even more shocked.
"Did... did it not hurt?" I asked cautiously. He shrugs.
"I don't remember if it did or didn't to be quite honest." He told me. I sit back, thinking about this information he gave me. Such wild information.
"What... else have you done?" I asked slowly.
"Many things that I don't think you can stomach hearing." He told me truthfully. I turn my body to face him.
"Try me." I say confidently with a cocky smile. He looks at me and gives out a sorta scoffed laugh.
"If you say so..." He pauses. Continuing to look at me, seeing if I'll back out. He nods at seeing I'm not going to and continues talking. He tells me how he has taken out some of his own organs, replaced his brain a time or 2 and done other things to his own body. I stare at him bewildered he did all that to himself.
"That's... wow! How have you not felt any sort of pain or discomfort that doing all of that? If you remember?" I asked him. He chuckles and stares out at the kitchen.
"I truly don't remember...that was long ago. Too long for me to remember fully, if at all." He told me truthfully. I nod, in thought. He did that so long ago, and didn't have any problems? He's most definitely no where close to a human of any form.
"So strange, but it's really cool!" I told him truthfully. He chuckled and shrugged.
"I guess so." He said with a slight spunk.
"Do you have any family? A courtship?" I asked, swinging my legs. He looks down at his hands and nods.
"Yes, but she died from the plague. I have a daughter too, but I don't know if she's alive or where she is if she is." He told me. I look at him in silence and look away.
"I'm sorry I asked." I whispered. He sighed softly and hopped off the counter.
"You were curious, so I answered. Did you have a significant other?" He asked me. I shake my head no and get off the counter too.
"No...not really, it was forced courtship. " I told him bitterly. He looks back at me.
"Were you forced in...that way?" He asked cautiously.  I gave a weary smile and nod. He shakes his head.
"Is it common?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"No... they only allowed it to try and spread my color. Forced courtship is punishable by death." I whispered out while hanging my head. "I tried to stop it but he was too strong. They allowed it many times until they realized I can't produce offspring, as he cheated and produced with someone else... well I.... I believe I was too young to produce." I explained. He rubs his mask before sighing deeply, more than likely to calm himself by the tone of the sigh.
"I'm sorry you went through that. I can't imagine the pain." He said sorrowfully. I smile to him.
"It's in the past... no one can heal in one day... though, it'd be nice." I joked. He nodded and stared at me for a while. I look at him confused.
"You seem quite young." He said out if no where. I nod.
"In human age, I heard I'm 18, or look yo be so. But in my kinda age, I guess I'm a lot older. In my kind, I'm 80 eclipses." I explained. He looks at me more.
"Well. I'd say in human years you're about 30-40 years old. Yet you look nothing of the such." He told me.
"Is that old?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Depends on your view on what's old or not." He told me. I nod.
"Ah, I see... how old are you? Human age that is?" I asked him.
"Hm.... I'd say I'm around 30?" He questioned himself seemingly. I laugh a little at his confusion.
"If I could see your face, I'm sure I could help." I said nonchalantly. He nods.
"It would be of help, but I doubt I have much beauty to my name now." He shrugged off. I shrug.
"You'll never know until you find out." I said with a smile. He nods as we both head out.