9- life or death

(Alright so I have been very very busy so I haven't been able to update this AT ALL and I'm very sorry about that you guys ^^; So...Be patient with me as I continue this fanfic!)
We've stopped momentarily in a room we can lock, catching our breath... well catching my breath. My hands on my knees as I try and calm my breathing.
"We have to set off the nuke." The Doctor whispered. I look at him confused. "It's a human made explosive... it causes a mass destruction of where it was detonated at. Nothing survives. Even me." What do the humans need that for!? I look at him like he's insane. He nods.
"That's.... that's crazy! Why!?" I exclaimed. He shakes his head.
"Humans are greedy and only think of destruction, hatred, and what they only want. Especially powerful humans." He explained to me. I rub the sweat off my forehead and sigh heavily, sliding down the wall.
"And my father was wanting to reveal us to them..." I mumbled, shaking my head.
"It's never a good idea to reveal yourself to humans. It'll only bring death and pain." He told me solemnly. I look to him before sighing and hiding my head in my hands. What do we do? I heard The Doctor sit down next to me
"Haselhurst." He spoke out of no where. I look at him confused.
"What?" He looks at me and then away again.
"My name is Dr. Haselhurst." He told me. I smiled happily, but sadly at the same time. He's only telling me because he believes we won't make it out alive.... isn't he?
"Its lovely to finally know your name, Haselhurst." I told him kindly. He looks back over to me, he takes my hand in his and clears his throat.
"When we get out of here. I have something dire to tell you... but only when we get out. Together." He informed me. I looked at him shocked a bit before nodding stiffly. He wants to get out together with me...it's such a wild concept to know this. It makes me happy.
"T...Together. We'll survive." I spoke back. His eyes lit up under his mask, it made a smile dance to my lips. He tugs me after him as we head to where the nuke is supposedly.

We've been walking around for what feels like hours; when we come upon a cell... the picture shows... a computer? I couldn't read anything as Haselhurst leads me inside. He hurries to the computer and starts talking to it.
"079. We need to detonate the nuke." He pauses. "Yes. I know if we don't leave in time we will die, but we have a way out. As long as you detonate it as we get close. Help us, please. You can not die, many other scp's have successfully escaped or have been killed. Help us." He pauses again. I hear the computer ding. Doctor sighs in relief. "Thank you, 079. I am forever in your debt." He bows his head to the computer, rushes back to me and grabs my hand as he swings me around to run with him.
"Where are we going?!" He looks back at me from my question.
"We're going to find a forever home out of here." He tells me so confidently. I look at him shocked while trying to keep up with his lengthy steps. My brain computes and I smile big. Together. Him and I? Together??

(So sorry this one is so short. I'm trying to come up with more plot and story since I haven't been making stories for...what uh... 5 monhs? So pls be patient with meeeeee ^^; <3 )