Chapter 9

That night passed rather quickly and Shelby had to go. In the morning they took of her bandages, to be honest Katherine did gasp at how big the scar on Shelby's arm is. But it healed properly so it was a good thing.

They walked to Katherine's portal and said their goodbyes

"Well this was fun but I gotta do some work at the Evermore, see you in a few days for our date" said Shelby as she hugged Katherine.

"yeah see ya' in a few days" said Katherine sweetly as she continued to hug Shelby.

Soon enough the separated from the hug "bye little buddy" said Katherine as she smiled and petted Tortoise

Shelby laughed a little as she jokingly said "I'm getting a bit jealous" Katherine laughed at that but after that Shelby and Tortoise went into a portal. They figured it would be easier to get to the Evermore from the Sanctuary.

-----------------

A few days have passed Katherine went back to her duties and even tho they were exciting the thought of going on a date to the Evermore with Shelby in a few days was more exciting.

Rulers don't usually spend a lot of days in each others empires, but in the short time Shelby spent in Glimmer Grove, Katherine kinda got used to it, and now she misses her a lot more.

Eventually she decided to visit Shelby because the Evermore portal was fixed.

She grabbed a few pretty flowers, got on her half dead unicorn and went her way to the portal.

In those few days that have passed in the Evermore, Shelby and other council witches discussed about the whole situation with Amelia. They asked Shelby to join the council, since by the rules she defeated Amelia she should take her place but she wasn't skilled enough to be a head witch, only a member of the council, but she declined the offer saying that she'll rather stay in the Evermore and be an emperor.

They also rebuild most of the Evermore's ruined buildings and it looked much better than before.

Glinda and Maddie were there to help Shelby with renovations, obviously they used magic to effectively fix everything in shorter amount of time. Shelby was standing there giving instructions to the two witches since they're more skilled than her in practical magic, but Shelby knew the architecture of her empire.

"Heyyy Shelbyyy" said Katherine on her unicorn as Shelby turned to see her.

"Katherine, hey, what are you doing here, isn't our date in two days?" said Shelby confused but happy to see Katherine.

Katherine jumped off her unicorn "well I came here to see how you're doing, and to collect a herb for monster hunter poison, and give you these flowers" she said with a smile as she handed the witch flowers

"thank you, also if you want to make a poison why didn't you ask me for help, I am the greatest witch around here after all" she said the last part with a smirk.

"I know. Hey maybe I can help you with it" said Katherine enthusiastically.

"that's a great idea, but can you show me the recipe"

Katherine than showed her the book, to which Shelby said that it's easy to make.

They chatted a little bit more but Katherine had to go. They hugged and mentioned their date again and how much they're excited about it.

Shelby watched her go to the portal and than turned back to work. But what she didn't expect was to see her grandma and her grandma's best friend with those "they know" face expressions

"See Maddie I told you they're dating" said Glinda

"Yeah, you were right"

"What!? We're not dating" said the witch with a blush "yet" whispering the last part but older witches could hear it anyway.

"if you say so" said Maddie

"let's just get back to work" said Shelby as she rushed to grab a few tools

With Katherine

As she arrived to her kingdom she went straight to her castle where she left her unicorn to rest than went back to her secret base as the night was approaching and she didn't have any more duties, besides her monster hunter quests, that the citizens of her kingdom requested on her board.

The quests weren't that hard for her, just askings for clearing some nearby caves and lighting them up so miners can do their job without being attacked. And others were also pretty simple as well.

After she was done with them she went to just goof around while killing random mobs on the fields whenever she spotted some. Usually it's really fun for her but the thought of her date with Shelby seemed more exciting so she went back to her castle.

She was trying to chose what outfit to wear as she was starting at multiple clothes she set on her bed.

She was trying to think of a outfit suitable for the theme of the date.
"Hmm, what to wear? Well we're going on a walk through swamp-like forest so there will probably be a lot of mud so I'll probably need one of these" she said as she looked at two pairs of boots.

"But Shelby said that we'll go at night so we can see the pretty lights.... Omg what if get attacked by some mobs that appear from the fog" said Katherine with a surprised tone "well I trust Shelby that she cleared the fog, but better be safe than sorry" she said as she grabbed some spare, prettier, pices of her monster hunter armour.

Now that she had an idea for the "theme" of her outfit she only had to choose a dress that goes with it.

She thought of Shelby and decided to go with her signature colours and colours of her empire in general. She settled for a mostly dark purple dress with green accents to, hopefully, match with Shelby. That pared with her armour pices looked pretty good. She had little pink gems and details on them so they looked like a fancier version of her usual ones.

It was less than two days untill their date and Katherine was thinking of a lot of cute things, and predicting what they're going to do. Meanwhile Shelby was dead asleep after a long day of working in her empire.

End of part 9

Hey guys Violet here, this took me a while to writte because I had a lot of irl things (like my birthday, and yes I am a sagittarius)

But next chapter will be their, supposedly, cute date. Dare I ruin it, yeah probably

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter