Wrong Hunting (oneshots 3)

It was a rather calming day in the kingdom of Glimmer Grove, citizens were doing their respectful jobs while the refreshing breeze went through the area.

Peaceful days meant not a lot of work for princess Katherine, and there she was sitting on her throne while reading a scroll, thinking what to do with a minor issue in town.

Untill she heard footsteps comming closer but by the time she looked up the person jumped in her lap, hugging her (like sitting sideways in her lap).

"Heeeyyy~ Katherine." it didn't take long for the princess to realise that the shorter person in her lap was indeed her witch girlfriend.

"Hey my little pink orchid." replied Katherine giving Shelby a kiss on the cheek.

"What brings you here?" asked the princess while wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's waist.

"Well I've finished all my work in the Evermore and wanted to see if I can help you with something?"

"Hmmmm..... Today's not really a busy day but we can finally go monster hunting that we planned before, if you want?"

"Oh my toad yes! And I can actually do something instead of just watching like last time!" Shelby said with excitement in her voice and probably sparkles in her eyes, can't blame her she waited for this moment ever since that time she let Katherine borrow her scythe.

--------
Shelby's p.o.v:

I felt the cool night air pass through my hair as I swung on a vine summoning my scythe killing a phantom and began to fall down killing two more phantoms, that were closer to the ground, with one swing of my scythe.

Grabbing another vine to swing into my buff girlfriend's arms who twirled me around which killed another zombie as my scythe ripped its soul out.

"Nice kill." said my princess in flirty and confident tone in her voice.

"Nice catch." I reply as equally flirty as her before I dropped my scythe so I could kiss her.

We killed quite a lot of monsters nearby so the kiss lasted a bit longer cause we didn't fear of anything attacking us.

After the kiss Katherine put me down and went to grab our weapons "Here you go love." handing me my scythe as she kissed my forehead.

"Thanks." I replied and put my arm around her waist as we began to walk to a different destination that needs to be cleared.

"You really weren't kidding when you said you can fight monsters. You got some good moves." Katherine complimented me.

"Awwww darling, thank you but you're still the best monster hunter."

We exited the forest part and came to a nice clearing that was filled with mobs and different monsters that attacked as soon as we approached.

Katherine looked amazing as she killed all those monsters, shoving off her amazing skills with her axe, I admired her for some time but then joined her.

We killed almost all of the monsters but somehow I ended a bit farther appearing on a part of land that was cover in sculk when a half-warden half-zombie attacked me.

I was in shock; It-it looked e-exactly like me when I was under mind control.

Large warden tube ears spread from its head, one arm turned in sculk, slowly dripping and falling apart more than normal for a zombie, staring at me with those dark cyan soul piercing eyes.

I couldn't move; That creature, it was no different then I was, I dropped my scythe as I began to shake, it charged at me and I closed my eyes and began to cry but I didn't get hit.

Katherine p.o.v:

I hit the zombie with my axe as hard as I could, protecting my girlfriend from getting hit by such a strange creature. Luckily the creature died.

I stood there processing what happened but then I heard her losing control of her breathing as she began hyperventilating and cry.

'Oh no did that sculk creature remind her of when she was under sculk magic?'

I crouched next to her, slowly and gently took her hand to bring her comfort "Shelby, love, hey hey look at me." and she did "Please just breathe." in order to help her I began inhaling and exhaling and soon enough she followed.

She got her breathing back to normal but still cried, I'm guessing that the shock stopped as she pulled her hand, which had sculk scar on it, away from my hold but still let me hold the other one.

"Katherine.....I'm a monster."She said as she looked away.

"What?" I said confused, how could she be a monster?

"You've seen that thing, it looked and acted exactly like me and, and in a way I still am part sculk!"

"Shelby..." I said trying to calm her down but she cut me off "I'm still a monster! Just like that thing and, and you're a monster hunter, you can't possibly love a monster right?!" she said as she looked at her hand more tears forming.

I grabbed her hand back which made her look me in the eyes "No you're not a monster, you know why? Because those things are evil, they don't have a mind and don't have feelings, you're not a monster Shelby....it wasn't your fault that someone else made you do it..." I then went a bit closer and wrapped her in a hug "They don't feel bad about hurting anything or anyone, they don't have feelings and I know you do. I know you have true feelings because I know you love me as much as I love you!"

We stayed like that for some but then she broke the hug and gave me a quick kiss on the lips, which did confuse me a little but I gave in.

We stood up, I was holding her wrists so she doesn't fall as her legs were still shaky.

"Can we just call it a night and go back home?" She said holding closer onto me "Of course."

As I replied she made our weapons dissappear and took my hand as we began to walk back to the castle.

Hey guys Violet here, please tell me I'm not the only one who's curious about Katherine's reaction to Shelby's new villian arc 😭

Anyways this was a request by
@Bowsarepretty again thank you so much for this idea and I hope y'all enjoyed this part

Words: 1023