Chapter 10

Heya, just a quick heads up before we start, some parts might not be right with chronological order like in smp.
I also wrote this before Shelby's episode about fog came out so this might not seem accurate, I still hope you like it

With Shelby

As the sun was still rising Shelby's alarm magical crystal thingy started ringing. She groaned because she had to wake up early but was excited for the preparations for her date with Katherine.

She got dressed in her usual outfit, but with dark grey gloves (like those that don't have finger top parts) to cover the scar on her hand, she thought Katherine might get sad from seeing it based on her reaction from the last time she saw it, and took her hat off in order to not get it dirty because she needs it in the best shape for the date.

She grabbed a couple of lanterns, decorative crystals, her scythe and most importantly the potions that can deal with the fog.

Now ready to go Shelby quietly got out of the house, she didn't want to wake up her grandmother, she stayed over to help Shelby with the whole situation. She hung a lantern on her scythe and went into the forest.

It was easy for the most part; She just grabbed a potion from her bag, threw it on the ground around her where the fog is strong, casted a spell that backs up the already strong potion to make it last longer, and placed a lantern slowly making a path along the way.

She didn't want to get her gloves dirty so she put them in the bag. She would eventually get her hands dirty by constantly climbing on the trees to put up lanterns and decorations on them, or making the path.

Righ as she jumped off a tree after putting a lanter she saw something shining in cyan light along with screech-like noise, it wasn't much different than the machines she set at home to alarm her, but it was quite like it was calling out to her.

"Well I've officially gone crazy... Ether that or this fog wants to repay me for hurting it?" she thought for a second as she continued to walk towards it "Yup you're definitely going crazy Shelby...... Ohhhh I'm even talking to myself" said the witch whining as she was really close to the light.

She threw a potion to clear the fog so she can safely reach it but it didn't work. She rolled her eyes and got a better grip on her scythe with a lanter still on it.

The sculk area wasn't like normal sculk growth or like the ancient city. Obviously it was surrounded by goopy sculk but it didn't have a catylist (Idk how to spell it, but it's the thingy that spreads the sculk) but instead there's was a bunch of bells of Ireland growing from echo-shards mixed with a bit  of diamonds.

More bells of Ireland were growing one the sides but only singular ones, unlike the middle ones looking more like it was there to protect the source of light. It was a special kind of echo shard that holds many more abilities than any other.

Shelby was suspicious at first. That powerful crystal is rare and only the council witches could use it, and the flower growth around it seemed rushed.

" I know I shouldn't take magical items from the wild..... But hey if that thing can help me with this fog and hopefully Katherine with the curse....I'm just gonna" she said as she grabbed the crystal "yoink" trying to put it in her bag but instead her hand slipped because of the sculk goop and it cut her hand.

She put the crystal in her bag eventually and as she was going back to work she took a better look at the flowers, they reminded her of someone but she couldn't put a finger on who it might be.

She went back on her path but didn't realise realised that the blood that dropped was dripping as sculk for a moment.

Some time has passed and she eventually finished setting up the decorations on a little hill with a nice view.