Chapter 12

With Katherine

By the time they managed to calm Shelby down from doing anything, it was already afternoon.

The princess had a plan and that plan involved a few other people. But before that she had to get ready, she put her armour on, prepared her axe, and packed a few things that could be helpful.

Katherine went to the Evermore's portal and went to the Sanctuary where she told Joey to meet up with her.

And he did. As soon as Katherine arrived Joey was waiting at the portal.

"Princess there you are. So what's the plan?"

"Well Sausage has powerful magic, so I was thinking maybe we could ask him for help. Maybe someone else too."

"Alright then." said Joey as he started making his way down the tower (is it a tower?)

It took them some time to find Sausage, but eventually they found him in the cathedral of Saint Pearl.

"Hey Sausage." Katherine yelled reliefed, Joey following behind.

"Oh hello, welcome what brings you two here? Do you want some sunflower water?" greeted Sausage in a welcoming tone as usual.

"Actually we need your help with something." Katherine replied awkwardly.

"How may I help you? "

"The witch has gone insane." said Joey kinda bored, not really upset about it as Katherine.

"Joey! She's not insane, something just taking over her. "

"Wait is Shelby alright? What's going on?" asked Sausage concerned as he put down sunflower water and cross decorated with wheat and sunflower patterns, which he previously used for praying to Saint Pearl.

"Welllll.... Long story short she's turning into skull-like creature and her grandmother need all kinds of magical ingredients to cure that." said Katherine in a panicked tone, also really fast.

"And, and I don't know what to do."

Joey put a hand on her shoulder, hoping that it would calm her down.
Sure he was mostly annoying and delusional, but he still cared about Katherine and Shelby in a way. (it's just my headcannon guys 😭)

"We were hoping that maybe you can help us since you have this weird magic thingy around your place." said the pirate.

"Of course I can help, what do I need to do?" asked Sausage sympathetically.

"We still need to figure that out, but we we're hoping you would come with us to find Pix since he knows a lot about sculk." replied Katherine.

"Sure thing" said Sausage as he took two bottles of holy sunflower water.

They went on their way but before they exited Sausage tuned to look at the altar and prayed "Por favor ayúdanos en este viaje Santa Perla." (according to Google translate it means 'Please help us on this journey Saint Pearl')

------

As they were walking through the Ancient Capital, Sausage was making small little jokes and puns in hope to cheer up the atmosphere and maybe help Katherine calm down.

Eventually Joey asked "So why exactly do we need Pix's help Katherine?"

"Well he knows a lot about sculk thanks to his studies and that ancient sculk machine he discovered."

"Oh! And he has a magical eye for sculk." added Sausage to Katherine's answer.

They arrived at the frog lights farm and saw Pix harvesting some of them while Winchester was playing with other dodos.

"Pix!" called out Sausage with his usual amount of enthusiasm.

"Oh hello, what brings you here?" greeted Pix as he climbed down a tree.

"So you know the mysterious fog in the Evermore?" asked Katherine about it.

"Yes did something happen with it?"

"Welllll..... Shelby's turning into a sculk creature and we need your help" the princess anwsers.

"Hmm.... I see, I have to see the symptoms in order to help but I'm on board" says Pix as he puts his hat on and sculk compass in his little pouch.

"Thank you so much Pix!" as the Princess thanked the archaeologist everyone could hear how much her tone missed the usual happiness and positive attitude in her voice. And it honestly hurt them to see Katherine out of her usually cheerfull and positive aura.

Sausage put his arm around her neck in order to comfort her; While Pix reassured her with his analyses that Shelby would probably be fine; As they all walked to the Ancient Capital's portal.

-------
With Shelby

She was stuck in her room after everything that happened, in chains to prevent her from everything but thinking "Why am I so angry? Why can't I controll this? Where's Katherine, is she safe?" and so on and on untill she started panicking.

Sweat started poring off her forehead and she could barely breathe, so many confusing things happened but she barely got any answers.

She felt the urge to freak out and destroy, voice calling out to her.... It was familiar but yet so distant. She had ro resist it!

Her scythe materialised in front of her.

"it's....different..?" said the witch curious on why was her scythe covered with dead, instead of bright and colourful flowers, covered in sculk.

She thought for a minute before getting a headache.... And everything went black.

End of part 12
H

ey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's a bit shorter, similar to some of the ones at the beginning, just a filler but I still hope you liked it.

Another thing I've been asked is, if there's any art about this fanfiction.... I don't really think there is but I plan to draw something when I get my drawing motivation. I'll probably post it on my twitter which is (@) Diamond_Ring55 if you're curious.

That's it for this chapter, I hope you have a nice day and I'll see you next time