Chapter 1

He was twenty-five years old while
I was just fifteen when I first met him.
That was also the time I thought that age has nothing to do with love... or has it?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I CAME FROM A VERY RICH FAMILY
And because I was an only child, I could easily get what I wanted. When I want something, I get it immediately. I don't need to say it twice. They would always give me everything my heart and eyes desired. Maybe that was the only way they knew to express their love and care for me. My mom and dad had always been both busy with our business ever since I was little. They are always out of the way. I didn't even remember any good memories in which they were both by my side.

They spend more time taking care of our businesses rather than taking care of me. That was why they poured their love through the material things I asked from them. They thought the most expensive things in the world were enough to full their duties as my parents.I was aware that everybody around me hated me so much. They often called me names behind my back spoiled brat, stubborn, bad attitude, demon girl, and so on. But I didn't really care about the things they said about me. People who talk behind your back are worse than trash. I can't blame them if that's how they think of me if I'm working on ways to get them out of the mansion.

As I grew up, I did pranks to make the servants and guards disappear one by one from the mansion. There I will burn their clothes; I will pour juice on their faces; I'll also put frogs in the maid's quarters and make a mess even if it's just cleaning. I knew: cruel as it may have seemed, but that was the only way I knew to get my parents' attention.

I thought when there are no more helpers and guards in the mansion, they will go home to take care of me themselves. So that they can have time for their only child. I really wanted my dad to ride with me whenever I went to school. I always wanted my mom to comb my hair when I woke up.

I want to see them as soon as I wake up in the morning. You know, typical family bonding everyday. Material things weren't important to me because I had always dreamed of their attention and love. But no matter how hard I tried, my parents didn't seem to care. When an assistant leaves, they get a replacement right away. When a guard resigns,they also have a replacement right away.

Such is the cycle that occurs in the mansion.But I didn't give up. As I grew up, more and more people came and went to our mansion. It was getting frustrating, really. It's tiring to beg for attention from your own parents. It was like the loneliness that was living inside my body was slowly drowning me.I remembered the family bonding in our school before. I was just eight years old back then. I didn't expect my parents to come, but I still said that there was an event at school. They told me they were going to attend because their business trip outside the country was over. I was so happy, I jumped on the bed while screaming. My lips almost tear from the smile. I was looking forward to that day. I was looking forward to our family bonding.

Our assistants noticed that I wasn't doing anything silly anymore. They thought I had changed and become better. They just don't know that I'm happy because my parents will come home to accompany me to attend the event. That was the first time they would visit the school with me. I can hardly sleep waiting for the day they come home.

The family day at school has arrived. I woke up that morning. I showered and dressed myself. I was all smiles while walking to my parents' room. I was still awake when they opened the door. I took a deep breath before opening the door. "'Good mor-"

I was cut off when my parents' empty room was revealed to me. It wasn't really busy, though. Their room was filled with expensive and luxurious things. But because my parents weren't there, it felt empty inside.I strengthened my self-confidence.