Chapter 10

WHEN I HAVE AN EXAMINATION COMING UP, Elmer doesn't bother me. He rarely talks to me or approaches me because he prefers that I focus on studying rather than arguing with him. Yes, the term he used was really harsh, so I was suddenly happy.

He said, what we both have, he would rather be an inspiration than a being. distraction. So even though I was bored with studying my lessons, I did it anyway. This is what Elmer wants so I will follow what he wants.

I heard someone knock on my door so I told him to come in. I'm at the study table and studying quietly. I looked at the door and saw Elmer enter. He had a tray of food with him. The width of his smile .

I heard someone knock on my door so I told him to come in. I'm at the study table and studying quietly. I looked at the door and saw Elmer enter. He had a tray of food with him. His smile was so wide that I suddenly frowned.
"Oh, why are you frowning at that?" he asked with a laugh, then placed the tray on my side. He reached behind and held both of my shoulders. I leaned my head on his stomach.

"I'm tired," I said as I sighed.
"My brain hurts from memorizing formulas."

"Get some rest first," he answered so I closed my eyes my eyes to rest first. While leaning my head on Elmer's stomach, I felt him touch my senses so I relaxed even more. It turns out that Elmer has a talent for massaging. I chuckled because of my sudden thoughts.

"Looks like the queen of my life has come up with something funny, huh? Can you share it?"
I opened my eyes, then looked up at Elmer.
"I'll thought that I can't just be your all-around helper. You also have a talent for massage. Don't you want to be a masseuse?" I laughed. Elmer also laughed. " "Could be," he replied. "But know you what do I like more?"

"What?"

He suddenly bent down so that our faces were almost together. "To be the groom in your wedding" he said seriously while staring at my face. Suddenly my face turned red so I thought Elmer would laugh at me, but he didn't. He remained serious. I saw Elmer's face getting closer and closer to mine so I closed my eyes.

I waited for his lips to touch mine but I didn't feel it. A few seconds passed but nothing soft stuck to the lips.

When I woke up, Elmer was no longer behind. I saw him standing at the door while laughing.

"Remember? No kiss when you're studying," laughed he says. I was exhausted. "Whatever." He stopped laughing. "Are you mad?" I didn't look at him anymore. He will take care of that. So strong he wanted to trip me up. "Hey, Cruzette.," I ignored him I focused my eyes on the book I was reading.
I thought he had left the door because I didn't have him anymore was heard to speak further. But suddenly someone approached me so I turned around. Elmer lips suddenly met mine. Our lips are very close to each other. I couldn't close my eyes anymore so I- I see that Elmer has his eyes closed. He opened his eyes  without breaking our kiss. I feel him smiling.

"I'm sorry," he said as our lips parted.
"I just wanted focus your attention on your studies." I bit my lower lip because of what Elmer did suddenly. I can't answer.

He just smiled and ruffled my hair. "After your exam, let's go to Star City. Go to Snow World. To see your snow relatives." I laughed. "Promise?"
"Pinky promise."

And we made a pinky promise to each other, a promise that we'd go to Snow World after my exams. I suddenly got excited because of what Elmer said. Even if we only see artificial snow there, no I lost my excitement. I want it to be over our exams so Elmer and I can go to Star City and have quality time with each other. These past few weeks because Elmer and I rarely get to leave because he has so much to do. He doesn't want my parents to happily pay him just because their daughter is his girlfriend. I smiled.