Chapter 3

MONTHS PASSED AND ONE OF THE DAYS I HATED CAME. Tomorrow was my sixteenth birthday. My parents asked me what I wanted for my special occasion. Of course, we only talked over the phone. It's always like that, . I can talk to them more often on the cell phone than see them here at the mansion. They are always away from me even on my birthday. So I don't feel like celebrating my birthday since the two people I want to be with aren't there.

I said nothing. I told them I didn't want anything and I was fine with the things I already had. They insisted but I said again and again that I didn't need anything. I would have liked to say that just for their attention I am happy, I just stopped myself. I know they can't give it. Attention was one of the rarest things parents could ever give to their own child. It would be a miracle if they could give me that.

They asked me, too, if I wanted to throw a birthday party. But I just declined their suggestion. I said, I don't want to. If I change my mind, I should just call them right away so that their secretary can take care of it. As if I will change my mind.

I never had a birthday party. I don't remember having anything like that. I don't have any friends to go to. Even my relatives. They were living abroad. As if they are going home just to share with their cleanest relatives.

I didn't give a damn when my birthday came. It's just an ordinary day for me. I just slept all day that day. Some people congratulated me in advance on social networks and even on the phone, but I didn't thank them or even respond. Fakes come out every birthday. As if they could get something from me.

I was on the balcony while listening to his songs Taylor Swift on her new album "Enchanted" on my MacBook. I don't have this album because it's always out of stock in album shops so I just settle for iTunes. While I was listening to the same songs, I heard someone speak behind me. When I turned around, I saw the man I hated. He smiled at me again.

"What do you need?" I asked Elmer irritated. "Then don't you know how to knock? ' After all, the poor don't have doors."
"We have a door at home," he answered with a laugh.

"That's it, made of plywood." I made him suffer. "Oh, then? If you don't say anything, Get out of my room. You're a nuisance, aren't you."

"What gift do you want tomorrow?" Elmer question stopped me. When I turned around, he was still smiling. I'm annoyed again.
"Why, what's there tomorrow?"

"It's your birthday, isn't it?" he says. "Last year, I didn't give you a gift. It was all spent on my siblings' tuition, eh. But now, I really put it aside. So, what gift do you want?"
I frowned. "Don't bother anymore. Just keep your money."
"You're the one, don't worry. I really saved this money for your birthday. So I have a present. So, what is it?"

"I have everything. So, I don't need anything,"
I said. He stared at me for a moment as if examining my character.

"Why are you staring at me?"
"Nothing." Paolo shook his head.
"I know what I'm going to give you." He smiled. "Don't you have a birthday party tomorrow?"

"Nothing," I replied firmly.
"I don't have any friends. Besides, I don't bother myself throwing one. Only fake people go. I don't want to associate with fake people."

"We're going somewhere tomorrow," he answered " Do not be leaving, hmm."
"And where?"
"It just is." He smirked. "The birthday should be celebrated somehow. Even if it's a small party. Thank you for a year in your life."