The research

To kill a vampire you shall make a thorough research, most documents tell you to stab them in the heart with a wooden pick, but I loved the more traditional method, silver. It was not easy to get silver weapons though, we're not an easy weapon country. To get what I needed I had to talk to actual people, which was a problem, I was a respected member of society, my job was very public, I was the PR representative of the major, and of course, everybody knew me. 

Even if you didn't know me you'll eventually stumble across my name or face somewhere in the media, so being underground was my first challenge. Meeting my ex was not a coincidence, would be insanity if people knew how much supernatural beings are involved in regular politics. Werewolves took a huge part in the banning of free weaponry in the country, specifically silver ones, if you read the law carefully they made it almost impossible to acquire anything that can damage the "supers" easily.

The supers were the first ones on this planet for sure, and they tried to keep on when humans rose, but they rather stay as a small but powerful group and used their powers to acquire social power as much as they could, this has been like this for millennia, and yes they fear us. Our uprising is without a doubt their demise, we almost won once, during the dark ages, the witches were trying to eliminate them, they thought this world should belong to humans, the supers are not kind, nor they will have mercy upon us. The witches knew this and disseminated 60% of the supers while they were on the rise, that was of course before the witch hunt madness. 

We've lost so much knowledge during the crusades, and religion is heavily built on vampiric and super laws, to control us, to keep us in line, we fell and we haven't been able to rise anymore, but that was all about to change. During my research, I found a group of people that could help me. Getting to them was not easy. I knew about their existence thanks to my ex, of course, she once mentioned them "Is exhausting" she said while drinking a glass of blood like it was red wine. "The revolters never stop, it's been centuries and they still insist to get control back, this is not going to happen" she smiled full of herself while looking at me "What revolters?" I asked in my naivety. I thought she meant political revolters, but then she said "the anti-super movement, they've been around since they've known about us, we usually can control them but lately they're just a pain in the ass" I was surprised, till that moment I didn't know there was a whole movement against supers. "Why are they trying to gain control?" I asked curiously. 

"They think the human race should be the only one ruling them, which is stupid, what about our interests? we've been here long before you guys and will be long before you guys are extinct" she laughed, she did feel superior oftentimes. I heard this and I remember that was the first time I thought that maybe humans should indeed be ruled by humans. 

I went to an underground bar, it's famous for some revolts and I had to mitigate some scandals regarding the supers more than once. They knew me there but I did my best to cover my face, used a wig, got a bunch of fake piercings and neck tattoos, and wore heavy makeup, hopefully, they wouldn't know me. I asked the bartender casually about the last scandal and he showed me some guys in the corner, apparently, they were involved in it.