Alliance

A few days later I got a text from Dante, the guy I haven't met yet, he said to meet at his shop. He worked at a car garage, he fixed vehicles and needed an assistant, I knew nothing about cars but apparently, that was a good thing, he wanted to teach someone the ways and it was easier to start on a blank canvas, or so he said. I was currently on my vacation days at my actual job so I could do this, I did take my vacation days thinking I'd need to commit to this anyway.

He was a tall and strong man, and to my surprise, Hayley and Peter worked here too. I looked around and it seemed like an actual busy place, there were a few cars with their hoods open and some others taking an inspection, Hayley and Peter greeted me with a smile, this time wearing work clothes and seeming a lot messier than as they were at the bar.

"Is not a hard job, just do what Dante says and you'll be fine" said Hayley to give me encouragement, I did nothing that day, just watch, got the work clothes, and filled out some paperwork. But I did notice something unusual, Dante didn't have the bracelet, instead, he had a ring, a thick silver ring with a symbol in it. It looked like a downside triangle, but the most curious part to me was the tools used to fix the cars, they seemed too shiny, like they were never used, now that I looked around a little more no one was actually fixing any cars, the cars and people were just sitting there and the conversations ended with just a quick check. But nothing seemed like they were actually repairing anything.

Peter came closer to me, "this is the fun part, come here" I thought he saw me realizing something, I followed him to a back room, which had poor illumination, he signal a chair close to me and ask me to sit, he hit the lights and the whole crew was there. Sheila looked at me with a witty smile, Sara and Jeffrey were at the back, and Hayley and Dante looked unbothered, all of them situated in what looked like a living room in a haunted house. 

"So, miss Laura, what is the real reason you wanted to get close to us," Sheila asked, she looked into my eyes with intensity. I was shocked, I thought I had a good cover but apparently, I was just fooling myself. "We know who you are, we've known since the moment you set a foot in our bar, I thought it'd be funny how far were you wealing to go and I have to say I'm surprised, coming here, taking a job just to get close to us. That's commitment, what do you want?"

I looked at them, they didn't seem upset, mostly uninterested, Sheila on the other hand had a very strong energy toward me. "I want silver weapons," I said, they laughed at me. "Why would we give you such a thing?" said Dante, he seemed to get interested in the conversation. "I want to kill my ex," I said sincerely.  "You want to kill Maddy?" said Peter in disbelief, "Do you know her?" I asked. "She's vampire royalty, of course, we know her," said Sheila. "We've been tracking her for years, but she's untouchable," said Hayley. "I think she is not anymore," said Dante looking at me

"How bad do you want to kill her?" asked Dante, this time I could feel everyone's attention, "I'd give anything for the chance to put a sword through her chest," I said, the rage that I had built inside of me was completely out there. "Maybe we could help each other, but you'll have to do as you're told, killing vampires is not as easy as you think" I felt the adrenaline running through my veins. "I'd do what you say as long as I get to kill her," I said, and I saw all of them smile.