Lying test

I sat at Dante's office waiting for him, it was 8:45 I came earlier because I was anxious, and I managed to drink my coffee while waiting, by the time I finished Dante came to the door, and Hayley was with him. They both ignored me and Dante started talking. "What was the most important lesson I gave to you these past weeks?" he said this time looking at me. "Lying and manipulation are my biggest tools," I said. Hayley smiled, "do you remember the things we talked about the other night?" she asked.

"I do," I said, "What about it?" I knew the confrontation was coming and they would be fools to think I wasn't ready for it. "You do?" she asked rhetorically, "How's it possible to talk so much about your relationship with vampiric royalty just because you're drunk," said Dante, visibly upset. "We don't think you're ready for the task you set yourself to do," said Hayley.

"What makes you think that is the truth?" I said confidently, this was a lie, I did talk too much that night, and regretted most of the things I remembered, but I couldn't allow myself to lose this opportunity. If there was a moment to prove that I can lie was this one. "So you're saying that you drunk talking about your ex was an act?" said Dante, Hayley seemed suspicious about that statement. "I mean, how could you think I'm that stupid, of course, I thought hanging out with Hayley was a trap, a test, I knew you wanted to know the real things that happened with Maddy so I gave you the information you wanted, or make you think I did," I said without a stutter in my voice. 

"So what's the reality of your relationship with Maddy?" asked Hayley, still suspicious, this was an important moment, if Hayley didn't believe this part I was out, no doubt, I did remember what I said I just needed to tweak it. "I said I wanted to kill her because I wanted to prove to her how capable I am to do horrible things, I said she never saw me as her equal and I would never be part of her world, I'll admit that is true sentiment, she sees every human as cattle at best, I've seen it, the reality of our relationship is based on this disparity and I truly believe humans deserve better, we deserve to be at the table and to eradicate these farming activities once and for all". That had to do it, if I've learned something about lying is that a lie always marries better with a true in-between. 

"So you're doing this out of solidarity?" asked Dante, it was rhetorical, "I thought this was a personal revenge," said Hayley, even though she was digging I could sense less animosity from her. "It is personal revenge, the thing you don't know is that she disregarded my family completely, once I've become a vampire I'll never see them again, which is something that usually happens, the part I didn't know was they would be eligible to farm after some time, just because they're inside the system and as you said, vampires don't like to waste"

A blatant lie, my family was safe, I didn't care about the human race, I just wanted to murder that manipulative bitch, because I could, because she deserves it, but that wouldn't buy the loyalty of revolters, this couldn't be about me, to make them trust me, this had to be about something bigger than me. I could feel the air less tense, let's say it worked, for now.