The countdown

"We got to move!" I said when I went back to the apartment, Sheila looked at me with wide eyes "What happened?" she asked jumping from the couch, "She knows" I said, Sheila and I looked at each other knowing things were about to change. "I'll call the guys," she said while I started getting a more comfortable outfit and getting all the important things in a bag.

The doorbell rang again, we stopped and Sheila picked it up, I kept getting things in the bag. "Yes?" I heard her say, "Yeah, I'll come right down," she said looking at me and denying with her head. "We're late, they're here" I ran to the bedroom window and saw 3 big guys waiting for us down the building, they had weapons on them. "What did they say?" I asked Sheila who was next to me texting fast, "They said it was the delivery guy" I looked at her, "How are we getting out of the building?" Sheila asked looking at the only entrance that was guarded.

"We'll have to go up and down the emergency exit stairs, but I've never used them before, I don't know if it's safe" Sheila got dressed, we got the weapons, I got the sword and we quietly went out the apartment, we moved up the stairs and headed to the rooftop. "The guys are nearby, they have a car, and they're sending me the location right now" Sheila was still on her phone, I tried to look back at the entrance and saw someone leaving the building "They got in, we have to hurry," I said.

I was looking for the emergency stairs but I couldn't find them, the only other option was to make a jump to the building next door, "Do you think we can make it?" I asked Sheila, "I got the location, if we can jump these two buildings we can head down that stair" she was pointing and an actual emergency stair two apartments down. We looked at each other, "I'll go first said Sheila, give me the bag" I handed her the bag with the weapons and supplies and saw her throwing it first to the next building, "Is not that far" she said, and proceeded to take impulse and jump. She landed safely next to the bag, "Your turn" she said. 

I looked down and got a bit nervous, I'd never jumped that high before, but it had to be done, "I'll catch you" said Sheila, I took a few steps back and jumped, for a second I thought I wasn't going to make it, but Sheila grabbed me and I was ok, we ran to the next rooftop and did the same, this time I located the stairs without a problem and we started heading down when we noticed the stairs ended 3 floors before getting to the ground. "This could break you a leg," said Sheila, luckily nobody was following us so we had time to assess the situation. "There's a trash can there, but I don't know if we can actually land it," I said, the trash can was in front of the stairs in the small alley we were in. Sheila took the bag and threw it, and it landed. "Is our best bet" she said and just jump in the same direction hitting the top of the trash can and breaking the whole thing. "Are you ok?" I asked as she seemed hurt. "I'm ok, the plastic broke the fall, jump I'll get the paper trash can near you" she did and I jump to a bunch of boxes.

The car was waiting for us two blocks down, we headed there and met Dante, "We have to strike now" Sheila said without even saying hi. Dante looked at us with wide eyes "We're been hunted" I said, he nodded, "Let's get to the safe house, we have a plan"