Vampire Hunting 101

As I figured the garage shop was a cover-up, the rebels were funded by anonymous donors, and the shop was the way to make that money valid and untraceable at least that's what Dante explained to me. The week after my cover was blown I got a full master class on vampire hunting and I was loving it.

"First of all, you cannot make your intentions obvious, Vampires are not only faster and stronger than us, they know every psychological trick in the book, damn they invented psychology," said Dante while talking to me at his office with a whiteboard behind him. "Literally invented it?" I asked, "Well yes, they wanted to control us as much as they could, so they have been funding lots of psychological experiments on humans since the start of civilization," he said in a serious manner, being a teacher seemed like his place in the group, he was the oldest and knew tons of historical data. "That's insane, but yes, for the little I've experienced inside the vampire world that tracks" He looked at me. "An important part of this plan is for you to tell us everything about Maddy, the more we know her the better" I heard him, and then my mind went completely blank.

"I'd have to think about it," I said nervously, the things I knew about Maddy were personal, and most of them included me too, I wasn't proud of some of the horrible things I was part of, that's for sure. "Take your time, but it is imperative that we know every detail, that could be the difference between life and death" Dante seemed very serious about it. "We'll get back to that next week," he said continuing with the lesson.

Most of the week I learned the importance of good lying, and being able to confront manipulation, Dante kept talking about how violence was a vampire's last resource, they don't like to deal with unnecessary bodies. "They are actually very environmentally friendly, they like to take advantage of every part of a human when killing, so killing outside the established system is just messy, and vampires hate messy things," said Dante, and I had to stop him "What do you mean they use every part of the human body?" I asked. "Well there's a killing system among the supers, the human selected to die are monitored during their whole life so they have premium meat and blood, the vampires drain the bodies dry and the remaining parts are sold to the werewolves"

I thought about how we farmed cows and had a terrible feeling in my stomach thinking how there was an entire system set for us too. "I know, is unsettling to think about, we like to think about the supers as beasts with no self-control, that just kill us because they lose themselves in some animalistic trance, but that's not the case, maybe at the start, when they were just a small tribal group, but not now, they're a sophisticated controlling machine and we are just animal farms to them. They benefit from every single system we have and we have helped them create their wealth, status, and power. They need us more than we need them though"

With every new information I learned about the vampire world I found it even more repulsive, killing Maddy was my main goal, but maybe that wasn't the only motivation I was getting from this history course.