The Fair

"Are you sure that you can trust that normie?" I asked standing with Wednesday and Enid as we starred at Tyler, a boy I very well knew

"I trust that I can handle myself." Wednesday replied causing me to roll my eyes, that wasn't my question.

"Well, good luck and safe travels." Enid said turning to her roommate I don't think she likes all that well.

I tried to give Wednesday a hug but she just looked at me confused and Enid shrugged her shoulders, "Still not a hugger. Got it." was all I could say.

And with that Enid walked away but I decided to stick with Wednesday for just a little longer. I wanted to stay with her until the very last minute if that was possible.

"Shouldn't you be going now?" Wednesday asked as she looked away from the headmaster who was looking at the pair of us.

"I figured I'd stay with you until your leaving." I replied as I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me.

"Where are we going?" Wednesday asked as she finally just walked along side me, but to my surprise never let go of my hand.

"To play games, obviously. Have you never thought of maybe just relaxing and having fun?" I asked as I skipped towards a game.

"No actully, I prefer to stay serious and busy." Wednesday replied causing me to shake my head slightly as we arrived at the game.

It was a dart game one of my favorites. I handed the man my tickets and Wednesday took the dart from my hand throwing it at a balloon causing it to pop.

"See, fun." I replied.

"No, it's like throwing darts at my brother Pugsley." Wednesday replied starting to make me worried for her brother.

I picked up another dart handing it to her as she threw it and hit another balloon. I continued to do that, and she didn't miss a single balloon.

"So, why do you want to leave anyways?" I asked handing her another dart, "You might actully grow to like Nevermore, maybe the people to."

I said looking down at our hands. She still hadn't let go of my hand. And at this point it was her holding mine.

"I don't like people." Wednesday said and I sighed trying to slid my hand away but she sqeezed my hand tighter, "Your the exception."

I handed her the last dart that she threw and hit the balloon as Xavier came over.

"Jeez, you get any better at this, you'll be taking home a whole pack." Xavier said as the man walked over hadning Wednesday a panda stuffed animal.

"They're not for me." Wednesday said handing me the stuffed animal causing me to smile.

"Also pandas don't travel in packs. They prefer solitude." I corrected Xavier handing Wednesday another dart.

"All right. Subtle hint taken." Xavier said smiling at me and Wednesday, as much as I hate him, he's always been nice to me.

I don't know if it's because he likes me. Or he wants to be my friend. Or if he feels bad about what Bianca did to me. But I don't care to find out.

"You should know I'm waiting for someone." Wednesday said glancing at Xavier as I handed her another dart.

"Oh yeah, then what's Nixi doing here?" Xavier said leaning over to see me, because I was hiding behind Wednesday slightly.

"She refuses to leave me alone." Wednesday replied, but I think she likes my company she just doesn't want others to know that, "What does it matter to you?"

The man walked over to Wednesday glancing at her before handing me the teddy bear. I happily accepted it. Sense I have two I'll probably give it to Enid or Ajax, whoever I see first.

That's when Tyler came over interupting the conversation, "Didn't mean to interrupt."

"Your not." Me and Xavier both said in a rude tone.

Xavier walked away, but I stayed. And he looked hurt so I handed him the teddy bear as he passed me. He smiled at me before taking it and offically walking away. Sorry Enid or Ajax. Whoever that was going to go to.

"This is gonna be tricker then I thought." Tyler said moving to the side of Wednesday I wasn't at, "Dad hit me with a curfew. We need to go if I'm gonna make it back in time."

"Or Wednesday can stay at Nevermore. And you two never talk." I smiled pulling Wednesday besides me, and I could see a small grin on her face, but she quickly hid it.

"I've got some dead weight I need to lose first." Wednesday said refurring to both me and the headmaster who was watching from afar, "Meet me behind the parking lot when the fireworks start."

Me and Wednesday walked away as the fireworks slowly started to start. We passed Ajax, Enid, and Xavier on our way towards the parking lot and Wednesday turned to look at me.

"As much as I like you." Wednesday said slipping her hand out of mine, "It's time I go."

She then pushed me into Ajax and walked away saying, "Take her."

"I know you love me." I said but Wednesday didn't even look back and I turned to the others, "She loves me."

"Oh yeah? How can you tell?" Enid asked because she could see it to, she's just sad I'm closer with her roommate then she was.

"She got me a bear." I smiled.

"She got me one to." Xavier said holding the bear up and I rolled my eyes.

"Techincally, I got the bear and I gave it to you." I explained the smile on my face dropping to a glare.