Parent's Weekend

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and to grow. No matter who or what they are." Principal Weems said as everyone started clapping for the worst day of the year.

Enid hated mom, I hated mom the most. And mom hated me the most. It was obvious I was her least favorite child. Which is why I'm going to do the same thing I do every parents weekend. Put a smile on my face and try not to cry.

"I realize most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is excepected to make a full recovery. So, let's focuse on the positive and make this Parents' weekend our very best yet." Principal Weems finished and everyone clapped once again as I turned to look at Wednesday along with Enid.

"On the mend?" Wednesday asked, "Try in a coma."

"Have you been to see him?" Enid asked, "You're his friend."

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital." Wednesday corrected Enid.

"That's not your fault, okay?" I said as Wednesday turned to look at me, "The monster hadsn't attacked anyone in the past week."

"Maybe you finally scared if off." Enid added.

"Our mom could scare it off." I laughed before pretending to be mom, "You're to ugly, why are you killing people, I demand you stop this right now."

Enid laughed as Wednesday gave a worried look.

"Look at this. Some things never change." I heard a women say as Wednesday turned her attention towards her.

I'm going to assume that's her mom.

"I knew I should have worn my plague mask." Wednesday said.

"I knew I should have locked myself in my room." I added as I looked towards mom who was standing on her tip toes trying to find me and Enid.

"Look at our family." Enid replied looking at them as well, "Talk about toxic pact mentality."

"I give mom 30 seconds before her judge-y claws come out." I added.

Enid sighed, "Let's get this over with."

Enid grabbed my hand and we started walking towards our family. As Wednesday walked in the opposite direction.

"Enid! Oh, let me look at you." Mom said as she walked down the stairs.

"One-one-thousand, two-one thousand..." The two of us whispered as we forced smiles on our faces.

"Nixi, why are you walking so weird?" Mom asked as I tried my best not to roll my eyes.

"Good to see you to, mom." I mumbled.

"Three seconds. That's a personal best." Enid added.

Mom then started sniffing the two of us, "Are you feeling well? You're looking a touch anemic. Have you been eating enough red meat?"

"It's good to see you too, mom." Enid said as mom started walking towards me.

"I'm going to stop you right there." I said putting my hand up and Mom stopped moving, "I'm not going to stand here and listen to you tell me everything that's wrong with me. Okay? Now if you don't mind I'm going to go find Xavier."

"Is Xavier your new boyfriend? I was hoping you'd stop liking girls, it's a bad look for the family." Mom said and I huffed as I turned back around to look at her.

"No, Xavier is not my boyfriend he's my friend. And I won't stop liking girls so suck it up and deal with it." I replied before turning around and storming off, up to the balcony where I saw Xavier and Bianca.

As I got up to the balcony the two weren't talking. They were just looking down at the crowd.

"I think I might just about kill myself." I sighed as I sqeezed in between the two of them, "I hate my family."

"At least your family shows." Bianca added and I did feel sympathy for the two.

But if I was Bianca I would hope her mom doesn't come. I only meet her mom once, when Bianca introuduced me to her. And I hated every single minute of it.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be complaing about my family when yours never show up." I added as I looked at the two.

"No need to be sorry, trust me... I've over heard a few of your moms insults." Xavier said looking at me.

"So, you get why I can't stand her? Right?" I groaned I was about to talk again when someone cut me off.

"My darling daugther." It was a familer voice, a voice I hated.

The three of us all turned around. To see Bianca's mother and Bianca looked horrified.

"I made it." Her mother said as I looked at Bianca, "Wouldn't miss this for the world."

Xavier and I then turned back around, "I guess you misjudged her."

We walked away leaving Bianca with her mother. I felt horrible about it, but maybe that's what Bianca needs. Is some time with her mother.

Xavier wrapped his arm around my shoulder as the two of us continued walking. I saw my mom and Enid walking towards us so I quickly turned dragging Xavier along with me.

"Woah, you have to warn me next time you take a sharp turn." Xavier laughed but I groaned when I heard my mother gasp.

"Great..." I mumbled as I turned around, "Mom..."

"I'll leave you guys alone." Enid said and as she walked away and she did a thankful dance.

"Mom, what do you want?" I huffed as Xavier walked away.

"You told me you don't have a boyfriend." She said as she walked towards me.

"Mom I don't!" I shouted in an irritated tone.

"But he had your arm around you, it was so--why would someone so cute like you?" She asked and I groaned.

"MOM!" I shouted, "Why is it so hard for you to except that maybe someone likes me? Hmm? And for the last time he's not my boyfriend, he's my friend!" I shouted as my breathing got heavier, this was a lot to handle.

"Listen to me, I only want what's best for you, you understand that? I want you to be happy, and look good." Mom said as I raised my hand up to my chest.

"Mom, mom, I need you to stop." I tried to get her to stop but she wouldn't, "Mom please!"

"No you have to understand how much I care about you." Mom said, "I just want what's best for you."

"HEY STOP!" Someone shouted right as I passed out.