The Nighshades

I yanked the bag off Wednesday's head before retuning to my spot next to Xavier. I fixed my mask and the hood over my head, as Bianca started talking.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" Binaca asked in a mysterious voice.

"You can take the mask off, Binaca." Wednesday said not buying Binaca's fake voice.

And we all did the same. I took the velvet blue hood off my head and lifted my mask on top of my head. I don't even know how Wednesday got here, or found out about us for that matter.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on." Wednesday replied making me bite my lip so I wouldn't laugh.

"How did you get down here?" Me and Xavier asked in unison.

"Rowan showed me." Wednesday said turning to look at the two of us, "Left pocket."

I looked at the Xavier confused before walking towards her. I reached my hand into her left pocket pulling out a picture. A picture of Nevermore burning, and a person that looked like Wednesday in the middle.

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue." Wednesday continued to explain as I looked at the picture, "Then I solved the riddle."

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice."

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch." Wednesday replied.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite." Bianca said as I glared at her.

"We have roof parties, campouts, and occasional mignight skinny-dips." Yoko explained to Wednesday.

"And Yoko's an amatuer mixologist."

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild." Ajax continued with his arms folded over his chest.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday asked sarcastically, "Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded."

"Yeah the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier explained to her.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves." Yoko continued to explain.

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday asked.

Why is she so obsessed with Rowan?

"We booted that loser last semester." Bianca explained, "Question is, what are we gonna do with her? Only members are allowed in this library."

"I say we invite her to pledge." I suggested after looking down at Wednesday and back at the others, "She is a legacy."

"After the crap you two pulled in the Poe cup, your lucky your still here." Bianca said with sass in her voice, "There is no way in hell, she's joining. We talk about making waves? You two together are a tsunami."

"Just because we beat you at your own game? Let me save you the trouble." Wednesday said, "I'm not interested in joining."

I looked at her confused before looking up at Xavier. He had the same look of confusion on his face as he shrugged his shoulders. This was strange.

"Your seriously turning us down?" Bianca asked with more sass then I thought she was capable of having.

"Can you believe it?" Wednesday replied and I bit my lip again.

"Untie her." Bianca demanded looking at me and I was about to but was cut off.

"I freed myself five minutes ago." Wednesday said holding the rope up for us to see as she stood up.

She turned to look at me and I held out the paper. She yanked it from my hand before storming off. I don't know if it's because of what she heard, but I can't help but wonder if she's mad at me.

Then someone stepped in front of her. His black eye was visible from me hitting him in the eye. But to be fair he was trying to break our boat.

"Do you want a matching black eye?" Wednesday asked in a serious tone as he quickly moved out of the way.

Wednesday started to make her way up the stairs. Before she stopped and turned to look at us.

"It amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name." Wednesday scoffed before locking eyes with me, "I expected better from you Nixi."

She then walked away dramatically as I looked towards everyone. Xavier and I making eye contact with each other.

"I told you not to kidnap her." I said crossing my arms as I turned to look at Bianca.

"Oh I'm sorry I tried to interigate your little girlfriend." Bianca scoffed before I stormed off as well.

I can't handle Bianca right now.