Without Nixi

3rd Person:

Wednesday was working on her story, when Enid walked into the room. Again. The two were in a fight but, Enid couldn't handle being away from Wednesday.

"Hi. Sorry, I figured you were still at Mayor Walker's wake." Enid explained as the door shut behind her.

"As soon as the dirt hits the coffin, I'm out." Wednesday said, looking worse then she usually does.

"I can't seem to find my bottle of silver moon nail polish. Do you mind if I look around?" Enid asked as she walked further into the room and Wednesday turned her music off, "Yoko's hosting a mani-pedi party for her crew. Nixi would have been excited."

"This is the third time in 24 hours you've fogotten something." Wednesday said turning her full attention towards Enid as she crossed her arms.

"So, have you gone to see Nixi?" Enid asked turning to look at Wednesday.

"No...we got in a fight before she was shot." Wednesday replied, "Do they know who shot her?"

"Uh...no, but Nixi is getting out pretty soon. They said she just needs someone with her at all times." Enid replied as she gave Wednesday a look, "They say Nixi can't remember who shot her."

Enid knew about the fight between Wednesday and Nixi. Enid spent the whole first day with Nixi in the hospital, and wouldn't leave her side. So, Nixi decided to just tell Enid what was going on.

"I think you should talk to her..." Enid said turning to look at Wednesday.

"Why would I do that?" Wednesday asked.

"Because, she's been asking to see you. But she's stuck seeing Xavier and Ajax every day. I love Ajax and Xavier's a friend, I guess, but I couldn't handle being with them 24/7." Enid explained to Wednesday before storming off.

Later that night Wednesday was down to meet her Uncle Fester in the Nightshade's libary. Where things just seemed to get worse for her.

"Who's Uncle Fester?" Xavier asked coming out of the shadows.

"What are you doing here?" Wednesday asked and Xavier continued walking to put the book he was holding back where it belongs.

"Since I'm an actual Nighshade, I don't have to explain myself." Xavier replied, "What's your excuse for creeping around in the middle of the night?"

"Research, shouldn't you be with Nixi?" Wednesday asked looking at Xavier who just rolled his eyes.

"Shouldn't you?" He asked turning to look at Wednesday who looked at the ground, "Thought so, and if your doing research on the monster, I'll save you some time. There's nothing in here matching that thing."

"Isn't that convenient." Wednesday said a tint of disappointment as she started to walk away.

"You know what your problem is?" Xavier asked before Wednesday could disappear.

Wednesday turned around harshley walking towards Xavier, "I would love to hear your piercing insight."

Xavier folded his arms thinking of a million different things he could say in the moment. But then he thought of Nixi, and her condition. Xavier knew the whole story, Nixi was his best friend, so she told him everything.

"You don't know who your real friends are. Nixi and I have been on your side since day one. We literally saved your life. We believed your theories when nobody else did. And what do I get in return? Just nothing but suspicion and lies. And Nixi ends up in the hospital." Xavier claimed as Wednesday glared at him.

"Fine. You want honesty? Here it is. Every time the monster's attacked, you've been right there. Starting with Rowan at the Harvest Festival. Then on Outreach Day, Nixi arrived just minutes after the monster disappeared, to cover your traacks. Yet she says she didn't see it."

"Wait, so are you saying that both me and your own girlfriend, are who your gonna blame?" Xavier asked starting to walk away.

"Then there's your drawing obsession. You have drawn the monster dozens of times, yet you've never seen it. Or so you claim. You even drew where it lived. Then were Eugene went to investigate, you tried to kill him so he wouldn't spill your secret."

"You think I would hurt Eugene?" Xavier asked stepping closer to Wednesday.

"Let's not forget your oh-so-convenient appearance after Nixi had been attacked at the Gates mansion." Wednesday continued.

"I would never hurt Nixi, I wouldn't try and kill her. She called me after you and Enid ran off." Xavier said stepping closer to Wednesday, "And if I am the monster, then why haven't I killed you?"

Wednesday paused for a moment before thinking of an answer, "Because Nixi is my girlfriend, and your somehow Nixi's best friend."

That's when Xavier smiled, "Exactly, so why would I hurt Nixi, but not hurt you. If the only reason I'm not hurting you is so I don't hurt Nixi." Wednesday stayed quite as Xavier started to walk up the stairs, "Now talk to your girlfriend, she almost died for you."