Chapter Three: I like talking to you

"Fate Brings Lovers Together Or Maybe Killers..."

3) I like talking to you

——— ❥ "Mr.Delmar! How are you doing today?" You greeted, grabbing your usual pick of the inventory, dropping your picks of food on the counter.

"Doing good. Doing good. So, why are you in such a cheery mood today?"

"Well," A smile sneaked its way onto your face, "I got a job!"

"No way! Final mente! Congratulations!"

"Thank you, Thank you. I actually am surprised they took me in. It's a small part-time job but I'm hoping I can work my way up from there."

"You most definitely will-" The ching of the store door opening interrupted along with another greeting.

The raspy voice of a boy spoke, "W-What are you doing here?"

"Wait, hold up-" Mr.Delmar questioned, "You two know each other?"

Both the boy and you spoke at the same time, "Yeah."

"W-Well I only met them yesterday. You were going in for a consultation I believe. Am I right?" He turned to you with a small smile as he played with the straps of his backpack.

"Yup," You smiled back. Delmar interrupted by saying something in Spanish making the boy snap back with another Spanish remark. You chuckled, "I should get going. It was nice seeing you again Peter. And thank you for the service Mr.Delmar!" You began to make your way out the door but the boy stopped you.

"W-Wait I just-" He grabbed a bag of gummies from the shelf and slammed a two dollar bill on the counter saying his goodbyes to Mr.Delmar, quickly following you out the door in a hurry.

"You're fast." You laughed at his quickness.

"Y-Yeah well- when you have to walk from place to place you kinda get used to it." He spoke out of breath, lingering a little before speaking up again. "I just wanted to ask if maybe, you don't have to of course. But maybe you would like to go and get lunch with me sometime? Not as a date or anything! Just as friends! It's just that I saw you the other day and I thought- wow you're cool! Not that I'm saying I'm not cool. I'm definitely cool. I can be cool."

You stopped him from further speaking, "Ok,"

"O-Ok? Ok as in yes you'll go or as in ok no I don't wanna go- or..."

"Ok as in yes, Peter, I'll go to lunch with you sometime."

"Oh. Oh!" He seemed genuinely surprised and happy at the same time, scared to say something else in fear that he would ruin the moment. "I guess I'll see you then!" He turned his way to leave.

"Hey wait!"

"Y-Yeah?"

"You don't have my info? How are we going to meet up if we can't communicate?"

"Right! Yea! Of course, sorry, silly me. Uh here!" He handed you his phone, "You can give me your number and I'll just text you?"

"Why don't you give me your number too." You finished placing your number on his phone, him doing the same. "That way if you ever decide to chicken out and ditch me I'll have your contact." You joked and he flushed.

"O-Ok sounds good."

"Great. See you for lunch then Peter." With that you made your walk back home.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇