Chapter Thirty: I'd Love to Tell You That He Survived

"I'm questioning my sanity."

30) I'd Love to Tell You That He Survived

——— ❥ "We have good news." The doctor made his way out into the waiting room, watching as the group of three stood up in a frenzy. "Your friend is alive."

The doctor watched as instant relief washed over the group, a pause of silent victory elapsing from them.

"When can we go see him?" Natasha was the first to speak.

"Soon, he's very lucky to be alive, but we did have to inject him with some morphine because of his..." The doctor paused, unsure of how to word himself. "He woke up in a fright. The detectives have been notified, we'll be monitoring him until he wakes up to make sure there are no complications."

Steve followed the doctor, trailing his steps in hopes of receiving additional information, "Are you sure he's alright? I heard that he went into cardiac arrest and needed-"

"Mr.Rogers." The doctor paused him, "Mr.Barnes is showing healthy vitals, after being resuscitated we made sure to take as many cautionary measures in clearing that he wouldn't go back into a coma after his awakening. Your friend is alive and healthy, you should take the win."

Steve nodded, but he still couldn't feel one hundred percent certain that Bucky was fine until seeing him awake with his own eyes. Before the doctor took his leave Steve stopped him, "Do you know what he said?"

The doctor stared at him in confusion, "Sorry?"

"Did he say anything? When he woke up? Ask for anyone?"

The doctor stood for a moment in remembrance, "I'm not sure..."

Steve's shoulders shrugged slightly in disappointment, "Right, thanks anyways-"

"I think I recall a name- (Y/n)?"

"(Y/n) (L/n)?"

"I'm not too sure, but it sounds about right.He repeated it a couple times, I believe, before we had to medicate him." A nurse called the doctor, to which he said his goodbyes to Steve, rushing over to the next patient.

Steve stood in the hallway, unsure of what to do with this information.

Bucky's franticness, the state they had found him in, and your disappearance- it was suddenly becoming clear to him that maybe you hadn't had another one of your episodes. That maybe you weren't purposely ignoring everyone like all the times you had before, that maybe they were wrong, and something terrible had happened to you.

~

Wanda huffed as she dragged Agatha's body into her closet. Her eyes grazed over to Loki's body, and she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Her easy plans had gone to hell, and in part, she blamed herself.  She grimaced at the pain before dropping Agatha's body inside and locking the closet door.