Chapter Twenty Six : I like ђєɭק ร๏๓є๏ภє เՇ'ร ςђคภﻮเภﻮ

"I would give up everyone's life to make you happy."

26) I like ђєɭק ร๏๓є๏ภє เՇ' ςђคภﻮเภﻮ

——— ❥ Bucky Barnes was in a coma. He had been diagnosed after Steve pushed for a CT scan, but after they had made their diagnosis the prognosis proved to be nothing but distasteful.

"There does not seem to be any head traumas." The doctor noted,"His vitals were fine during the operation and there were no complications with his surgery." Bucky's coma came as a surprise for everyone. "I'm sorry, but we can not seem to find the cause of Mr. Barnes coma."

That conversation took place four hours before Steve was called back to work because of the appearance of another mysterious suitcase. Natasha and Sam stayed behind to go over some extra details.

"He'll wake up." Same spoke, a hint of hesitation in his voice. "He'll wake up."

Natasha grazed her eyes to Bucky. There was a slight hint of red that she couldn't shake off everytime she looked at him. A very slight hue, enough to only notice with the sharpest of eyes. "Do you think this is normal?" Sam looked up towards her, questioning where this conversation would take them.

"Nothing about this situation is normal." He sat back down, sighing as he stared up to the ceiling. His eyes squinted in the darkness. The curtains had been shut from the previous night, and the afternoon light peered through slightly. His eyes focused on the ceiling above Bucky. He analyzed the minor blotches that sprinkled across the hospital ceiling.

One in particular, the one right above Bucky's head seemed to carry the most damage. There was a series of black dots that adorned it, a latched rottenness that was kept hidden from eye level. Sam wondered if the hospital had a mold problem, because that was what he assumed they were.

"I hope Steve is doing okay with this information." Natasha stood to dab off some of the sweat on Bucky's forehead. As she did, she noticed his veins popping out a bit, a dark red venturing through it, almost pumping, beating.

She caressed them a bit, applying slight pressure and she felt it squirm under her finger. "Sam," She called him over, stopping his thoughts on the mold to look at her. "Come look at this." She said, ushering him towards her but just as he stood to take a look, Bucky's body began to seize, and the alarm began blaring.

Sam and Natasha both turned to the heart monitor, staring in horror as the long slow notion of the machine blared, his heart had stopped beating.

~

You felt a slight tug to your stomach, a surreal feeling that called out to you for a warning. A warning that something big was about to happen. But from there you couldn't quite shake this empty feeling of solitude.