Chapter Eighteen: I like watching the news

[Alleged Officer Identified To Be The Raging Man Who Threatened The Safety Of Local Korgs Grocery Shoppers]

CC: A statement from the authorities yet to be made.

18) I like watching the news

——— ❥ Steve Rogers sat in the hospital's waiting room.

The news of Bucky Barnes' attack at Korgs Grocery Store was all over socail media platforms. Mugshots and rumors spread like wildfire onto the internet. The police department had yet to make a statement on behalf of Bucky, causing more damage than was deemed nessary.

"Hey, look at this one." Sam turned his phone to Natasha, a news article plastered onto it. "Ragged racoon man, believed to be officer Bucky Barnes, raids grocery store."

"Sam." Natasha said in a lecturing voice, "Now is not the time." She motioned to Steve, who's glorified American stature laid fallen, and sunken.

"I know, I know, just trying to lighten the mood." Sam replied defensively, "Common guys it's Bucky, as much as I don't like him, I'm sure he'll pull through."

Natasha rolled her eyes at Sam's hypocrisy. In fact, Sam was the first to arrive at the hospital, dripping in sweat, he had run all the way the second he got the news. Clients could hear his yells from across the hospital floor, aimed at the nurses who refused to give him much detail about Bucky's wellbeing. Even now, you could see him give them a nasty glare when they passed by.

After a little over an hour a nurse made their way towards them. "Hello, are you here for Mr.Barnes?"

Steve and Sam both arose in a hurry, "Yes." They said in unison. Natasha only nodded to confirm.

"I'm sorry, but we don't have very good news."

"Oh god he's dead." Sam blurted earning a slap to the arm by Natasha.

Steve held his composure, turning to look back at the nurse, "Is he dead?"

The nurse shook their head, "Luckily, he's alive, but he's lost a lot of blood. Currently, we are waiting for him to wake up. We were," They took a breath,

"Come on, get it over with." Sam rushed and Natasha glared at him.

"I'm sorry, we were unable to save his arm."

Silence embodied the waiting room before Sam let out a hefty chuckle that seeped into uncontrollable laughter. "That bastard survived!" He cheered with tears of relief.

Steve let out a sigh and let himself fall back into the seat. His head swayed back and his hand covered his face. A gargle of cry's could be heard coming from him.

"Look what you've done now." Natasha scolded Sam again, turning to Steve to comfort. "Steve, he's going to be ok."

Steve let his hand fall away from his face to reveal a smile. Soon, he too began to laugh.

"Ok, did you two hit your head on your way in here?"

Steve shook his head, "Natasha, he's alive."

~

A couple years back, when you had barely started dating Bucky Barnes, you were introduced to his beloved, best friend, Steve Rogers.

Back then, the plan between you and Bucky was to create a double date. A grand plan that would change yours and Bucky's livelihood into a much brighter one. However, that plan didn't go as imagined.

When Natasha, your best friend, met Steve Rogers the first sentence that came out of her mouth was underestimatedly, unexpected.

"We meet again, star spangled captain."

A story in short was sweet, Natasha had stolen a little over five hundred dollars worth of clothing to which Steve Rogers was called on to handle.

You entered the conversation with a question, "You two know each other?"

Nat answered, "Have known each other for three years now, isn't that right?"

Steve Rogers had yet to make a comment, Bucky Barnes had yet to come back from his shock.

"Yes, we have met." Steve said.

"Since when?!" Bucky finally spoke up bewildered.

Steve turned to him in a slight whisper, "Remember that girl I told you about a couple weeks ago?"

A faint look of amusement arose within Bucky as he turned to Natasha with questionable eyebrows raised, "So you're the Black Widow."

"The what now?" You intervened.

Natasha filled you in, "Hun, I told you about this."

You recalled the time when you and Natasha had dinner a few weeks back. An aura of happiness surrounded her with each word that slipped out and you couldn't understand why, because she had recently been arrested.

You looked at her confusedly that past night.

At the dinner table, Natasha had confessed to you, in an exasperated tale, that she had met the icon of America.

"You met Opera Winfrey?!"

"No you idiot, I met America's ass!"

Back then, her words seemed inarticulate to you, how she spoke, in the manner that they slid off her tongue, made no sense. Information was kept and all you could do was nod and act supportive.

Now, in the present, as America's ass stood right in front of you her story made sense. Wide eyed and astonished, you yelled out, "America's ass!"

Laughter came from the group and Steve stood embarrassed. Later, you would acknowledge with Bucky that the plan for a double date had failed, but in turn you received something even better.

A chance to form a beautiful friend group. Unfortunately for you, as the years flew by, on March 18th, 2014 you would come to the realization that the friend group you praised and adored, would fail you in your darkest moments.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

A/n: Not Nat Ofc 😍

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇