Chapter Twenty Three: I like spontaneous plans

"Giving Serial Killer Vibes"

22) I like spontaneous plans

——— ❥ Rain poured from above you and you wondered: What if I were standing outside? How would the droplets feel against your skin, as you sat in the patterned mist of the rain. You begged to run down the streets, feet pounding against the floor, pliable in the lutheran movements you created. You sniffed, a remnant of your past life spuriously haunting you as you smelt the humid aroma of the rain fall on a splattered ground.

As a child, you adored smudging your clothes in mud, adorning it with mush and stomping your feet in the water. Your mother would in turn yell at you, dreading the wash load. But in your child purity, you enjoyed the small grievances that this universe gave you. You laughed and bounced up, then came back down, ligatured to the world by gravity.

Now that you were confined into a room, no more than 200 square feet, a hollowness stayed inside of you. You began to wish you had spent more time outside of your room. It was ironic to you, how, a couple days ago, you refused to leave the comfort of your room and now, you pleaded for anyone to let you take a breath outside.

As the rain continued to pour, in another room, under another rooftop, Peter Parker layed on the cold concrete floor, in the dark.

Wanda Maximoff opened the door to his imprisonment. She made her way down the stairs and turned the lights on. She triumphed above the boy, who was dazed out of his mind. Her mouth opened to speak but he won in a grunt. "Liz Allen," He was still a bit groggy dis-abled by his inability to stand up for more than two days. "she was, her father-" He stopped to moisten his mouth, coughing his last word out. "Ultron."

Wanda made her way closer to him. A stranger would have difficulty translating his thoughts. But she knew what he was trying to say, and that information was valuable to her. "Take off your shirt." She commanded.

"What?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Take off your shirt." She grabbed some duct tape nearby and the file that she had given him. He stared at her with draping eyes, and she made eye contact with him. Items in hand, her eyes washed over with red. The boy did as she commanded, a sliver of her scarlet hue in his eyes and she slapped the file on top of his stomach, taping it to him before letting him put his shirt back on.

Wanda stood up, the boy still dazed and she kneeled next to him looking at him a bit caringly. Finally, she placed a hand on his forehead, her eyes still shaded in red. His body fell slowly and his breathing became calm. She took out a black suit case from the corner of the room big enough for his stature.

When she was done, she walked up the stairs, a heavy suitcase in hand and she made her way to her car placing it in the back of the trunk with a thud. She scurried her way inside of her car, opening the garage door and making her way to a place she knew the suitcase would be found. A smile crept onto her face and she took in a breath placing on her hoodie and hat as a disguise.

Peter Parker would play a role in her plan, he would be her warning- the messenger.

~

A suitcase was found at the bridge of a lake, red and wet with a stench of rotting meat. It was found by a couple of bird watchers who passed by in the area who called the police upon contact. When the police arrived, they carefully slid the zipper open, instantaneously a hand came rolling out.

Inside that suitcase was a dead body.

"This is disgusting." Wong scrunched his nose, quickly calling for someone to bring him a mask to drown out the stench. "It looks like whoever this is has been dead for a while."

"I could've told you that from the beginning." Strange spoke keenly looking around the suitcase, "Ask forensics to look for the usual, we can't get anything from this." He grunted, taking his gloves off and walking back to the car, "I'm about done with these serial killers. Can't they get a hobby that's not morbid?"

"They live for morbid, Strange." Wong added closely behind. A cop interrupted them making his way to the men with information to be shared.

"They found another suitcase." He said, a bit curious as to how the men would react.

"Another body?" Stephen responded by climbing inside the SUV.

"No, no one knows." The officer said , "They're waiting for you to show up and examine before continuing."

Wong stayed outside, "Are you coming?" Stephen asked, a bit aggravating.

"Why don't you go on and check. I need to review a couple things there."

Stephen rolled his eyes and shut the door to the car letting the driver take him to his stop, the new suitcase.