Chapter Eight: I like taking space

"Nothing strengthens a woman more then having to rebuild their life after one scratchy breakup."

8) I like taking space

——— ❥ "So, where did you even get that red sweater of yours?" You grunted, giving Bucky a side eyed glare. "I just- I can't get over it. You absolutely hated the color red."

It was officially day five of Bucky staying over and you had forgotten how much he got on your nerves sometimes. "People change Buck."

"So, the same person that refused to eat foods in red is suddenly wearing a red zip up hoodie while eating- spaghetti with extra tomato sauce."

You shrugged. "It's good. And this sweater is oddly comforting."

"When did you even buy that sweater?"

You paused for a moment nulling at your memories trying to remember when. "Actually, I don't know. I think I might have stolen it from Natasha. Or maybe she left it here? Doesn't matter, it's mine now."

Bucky laughed about to say something before your phone rang. You stood up in search of it, unable to pinpoint its location.

"Here I'll help." Bucky stood walking to where you were seated. He reached under the covers of your blankets on the couch. "Found it."

You looked up, reaching your hand out for him to give it to you but he paused staring at your screen. "What?" You laughed, "Who is it?"

"Uh, sorry." He chuckled a bit and you looked confused at his sudden change of mood. He gave you your phone and you inspected it to see what had made him so sad.

Calling: Peter Parker XD

You sighed looking back at Bucky who was staring intensely for you to pick up.

You answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sorry for calling you. I just wanted to know what time you were getting here? I-Its ok if your late or want to cancel I just-"

Your eyes went wide in realization. You turned to Bucky, "What day is it today?"

He answered, "Saturday."

"Holy-" You looked at the time on your phone.

5:28 pm. You panicked, turning back to your phone.

"Peter! Oh my gosh I am so so sorry. I just- have been really busy and had a bit of trouble keeping track of time today!"

"Oh, oh that's totally ok we can reschedule if it's too much trouble for you."

"No! No! I'm on my way I swear! I'll be there in-" You looked at Bucky. "I'll be there in less than ten minutes I swear."