Chp 23: Call me by name

Logan P.O.V

"I'll be back around 5, so try to get some rest, and if you need anything let a maid know" I nodded my head taking in her word, as we walked towards the front door.

Once we reached the front door, she handed her purse off to her driver before turning to a dark skin muscular man standing to the side of her. She motioned for him to bend down in which he obliged, bending down slightly to her height. She whispered something to him, making him continuously nod his head before standing up straight to his true height.

Finally, she turned to me with a blank expression. "No offense, Logan, but I don't know you like that, and I don't trust you in my house by yourself. So this is King he's my personal body guard, highly trained in self-defense and gun handling. I appointed him to stay here with you, He won't hesitate to hurt if he has to, so don't try anything stupid, please." She finished with an even colder stare.

"None taken. I wouldn't let some random stranger walk around in my house, either." I shrugged, completely understanding her reasoning. She nodded in reply before turning on her heel to head out the door.

I watched her descend down the stairs to where a black Escalade was waiting with the driver standing on the side with the door open for her. Just as she reached the door, I called out to her, making her turn to me from over her shoulder.

"Thank you once again for helping me.. and letting me stay here," I said, flashing her a genuine smile to show my appreciation.

"Don't make me regret it," she simply put before hopping into the car. I watched them pull out of the parking lot until I could no longer see the car. I turned to the man I now knew as king who was standing to the side of me with a stone cold expression.

"I guess it's just me, you, and the kitties," I cooed down at the two cats sitting politely at the door Ms. Miller just walked out of. the light brown one that I now knew as Chanel meowed back in reply while the white one named champagne hissed back at me before running off.

Then I turned to King to introduce myself with a hand shake, but he only looked down at my hand before looking back at me with that same cold expression.

When I didn't get a reply, I clapped my hands together with an awkward smile. "Good to know. Nice to meet you too," I sighed before turning to face the large mansion I stood in.

A part of me wanted to explore around to see what all could be hiding in such a large place, but another part of me didn't want to accidentally stubble upon somewhere I had no business being. Plus, the giant beside me didn't look like he mind putting me in a body bag.

I decided against it and tried to find my way back to the room I was in before. When I was being lead towards the kitchen I tried to memorize every turn I took but my memory was a bit hazy so instead of finding the room, I ended up in a wing of the mansion I never seen before. So I tried to retrace my steps to the front door, but instead, I ended up on another side of the mansion.

I sighed and scratched my head, starting to get irritated all while King just sat in silence watching as I had a mental breakdown. Finally, I turned to him, looking for answers. " Don't mean to interrupt you trying to intimidate me, but do you know where we are?" But of course, I was met with silence and a cold stare.

Eventually, I just gave up and plopped down on a coach in a brown themed room. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone that I had found on the nightstand this morning. I began scrolling away at the many texts and phone calls I had received. some of them from Aaron, some from Miller corp, and even some texts from maya that I ignored,but most of the texts and calls I received were from malik and Camille. Both of them alone had sent over 100 texts and calls.