Chp 30: Romeo Romanowski

Patience P.O.V

"Sorry for the sudden change of plans, but I'm glad you were able to squeeze me into your busy schedule."

"It's fine. Miller corp is honored that you'll be holding the ball here. This is one of our best ball rooms made for holding more than 10 hundred or more It comes with full catering and the best service in the city," I showed off the enormous room that resembled a castle ball room described in princess stories. Including the large stair case that descended down to the ballroom floor below. Perfect for the host of the ball to make his grand entrance.

"What about the entertainment for the night? You know people enjoy the sound of live music."

"It's already taken care of by one of my assistants she's speaking with some of the best classical players in this city as we speak," I replied as we both ascended up the stairs, making Romeo chuckle lightly.

"They were right about what they say about you." He smirked at me with his deep Russian accent, dripping into his words.

"And what is it that they say about me?" I asked as I stopped to read over some papers presented to me before signing off on them.

"That you are as precise as you are beautiful," I remained silent for a moment, still looking over some more paperwork before replying. "Then it's a good thing I'm always prescise. That's why I never fail." I said smoothly with a quick glimpse over my shoulder.

He hummed lightly at my comment before replying, "It's a shame I only get to see you when there's work involved. You seem like such an.. interesting person to talk to. All everybody ever want to talk about is the ball and the rich assholes that are gonna be there it's annoying." He scoffed with an annoyed look in his cold blue eyes.

"Yeah well these rich assholes are some of the biggest C.E.Os from different countries that are coming to attend the ball so It's a good way to make new businesses partners and also scope out the competition so it's important everything be perfect to the Tee " Jessy butted in pushing his glasses back up his nose. He was Romeo's assistant who kept him in order when his mind tended to stray. He was just as musclar as Romeo but had the face of a pretty boy but a cold aura and a bad attitude.

"Believe me I know every year you won't stop reminding me," He said The last part as a Slick comment with a cold look that made Jessy huff and walk off.

"But As much as I hate to admit it, he's right. Every year I throw these fancy gatherings my reputation is on the line. Especially this year since we've got some high classed people coming, but I won't be the only one people will have their eyes on this year. " He turned to me.

"You've made quite a name for yourself. It doesn't feel like that long ago when we first met at our partnership meeting, and you called me a self entitled bastard. something nobody has had the balls to call me to my face. "

"Well, somebody had to say it"

"And that's why I've been Miller Corps' biggest supporter. " He winked at me, making me roll my eyes before he turned to the colors being presented to him to represent the theme of the room.

I looked out around the room, thinking of ways to set up the room that would wow the crowd but was quickly interrupted upon hearing my name called. "What do you think of it?" he turned to me as the woman held up both the lighter peach color and the soft rose pink. I took a closer look at them then the room before speaking up " I'd go for a salmon color It'll set the tone and give some character to the gold outline of the room but use sheer not silk" I spat out quickly with a hand propped on my hip.

She stared up at me before turning to Romeo for an answer. "You heard what she said. I want it the exact color use sheer, not silk. Please and thank you, beautiful ." He flashed her, his charming smile making her blush before scampering off.