Chp 32: Pieces of me

Patience P.O.V

~Flash back~

I watched as the lights passed me by in a blur, leaving behind its bright lumiscent that reflected off the pupils of my eye before it was struck by another one. I could hear it's light hum that made a pattern in the subconscious of my mind and the smell of the strong chemicals that burned my nostrils as it filled my lungs.

Goosebumps formed on my skin from the cold, biting at my exposed skin, and the wind from the room moving made my body shiver but the outside of my body felt warm due to the metallic smelling liquid that stuck to my body. The warmth nipped at my eyelids slowly, lulling them closed.

One blink.. two blinks... and three till finally my eyes closed and the warmth took over me.

"She's bleeding out,"

"We're losing them get that room prepped for surgery and an emergency labor."

Bah dump... Badum

I could hear something like a steady rhythm.

Badum, Badum.

Was it my own heartbeat, but why was it beating so fast like it was on a mission to beat out of my chest. My mind was quickly taken off the quickness of my heartbeat when it was overshadowed by the pain that surged through my body. It flooded me like a wave that caused my eyes to snap open and dart around my surroundings as tears pulled from them.

My eye sight looked as if they were covered by a poorly misshapen lens that couldn't focus to make out the faces that surrounded me. I couldn't fathom the fear burning my body and the pain that I could only describe as my body being torn open. I couldn't catch my breath as I dry heaved gasping for air that wouldn't come. The pain progressed so much that I let out a scream that ripped from my throat as I clenched the sides of the table my body was lied on.

"It hurts please it hurts so bad, Marcel." I screamed my pain out as I choked on a sob. I continously called for the name of the man I love praying that he would take me in his warm embrace and kiss away my tears while protecting me from the hands that were hurting me.

"Patience listen we need you to relax if you keep fighting your gonna hurt the baby' I was finally able to make out some of what the doctor was saying as his figure was still blurry due to the tears from my eyes.

Upon hearing this I tried my best to remain calm even though I could feel my body pushing itself to the max to give life to my child. I screamed until my throat felt raw and all I could hear was the sound of my own sobs and cries. Until finally their was the joyus sound of a shrill cry that rung out against the ceiling filling a new mother's heart with joy from the sound.

I felt my body finally relax as I fell limp on the table, listening to the cries of my baby as tears of joy now poured down my face. My eyes started to feel like weights as I felt my mind start to slip into darkness. the pounding of my heart started to slow to an astoundingly slow pace, almost like it was fading. My arms started to feel like jelly, and my body felt light, but I never took my eyes off my baby, whose cries slowly started to become lower until it faded into nothing. I could feel the panic rush through the room as the doctor performed Cpr on the now limp body of my baby.

I couldn't move but I forced my lips to form the words of my baby before I went completely blank and I heard the monitor flatline.

~End of Flashback ~

I quickly jolted up from my sleep and dashed from the bed, almost getting tangled in the bed sheets. I barely made it to the bathroom before I emptied the contents of my stomach into the bowel. Once I had emptied what was left in my stomach, I groaned aloud and grabbed my head that was pulsing from an ear splitting head ache.