Chp 26: Burning Steam

Patience P.O.V

It's been a whole day since I've last spoken to logan, but the hurt on his face never left my mind. And the sound of his sobs seemed to echo without cease in my mind.

I had always thought that people were selfish and heartless, and they only cared about their own pleasure. Hell, I've seen it first hand in the business world. People simply sucking off one another and moving on to the next it wasn't unnatural, just seen as a lifestyle. no loved involved what so ever just pleasure to fill that greed and wanting.

This type of thinking protected me from the hands of love and, instead, created myself a web to design my own lifestyle. Which was screwing over men and leaving in the end. Of course, this didn't sit right with men, hince all the rumors and constant slander on my name, but what decision can a woman make that dosen't make them whine.

I lived by this narrative... no breathed by it. It was the only way I insured I could stay alive and not be held captive on the wime of a man...

But seeing Logan cry that day actually stomped my mind and made my way of thinking a bit wary. His words and the way he talked about her made me think, did he really love her? I wasn't used to the thought of a man actually loving someone so much that he would cry over losing them. My mind couldn't phantom why, but my heart yearned and felt for his woahs because I understood the pain he was feeling The heartache and betrayal. Maybe I was still reliving the scars I had conjured that never healed that's why I punished every man who tried to come close to me. To ignore the pain that haunted me all those years ago. A pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Once again, I felt my mind and heart fighting both indecisive on whether to let him stay a little longer to heal or just let somebody else deal with this problem. After all, it wasn't my burden to bear, but my heart knew he needed somebody there. I sighed aloud and watched as the rain poured from the darkness of the sky, rushing to connect with the hardness of the ground. The rymthic pattern always puts me in a peaceful mindset.

Even as I watched two mindless idiots scream at each from across the table in the center of my office. Penelope stood between the two, trying to calm the rising tension between them. I sipped on my water with my cheek resting in the palm of my hand, watching them as they tried to argue their cases by trying to outsmart the other.

It's been a good 30 minutes, and neither party seemed to be letting up on their cases. When it got to the point where they were just insulting each other I finally stood from my chair and clapped my hands together, catching all three of their attentions.

"Alright, if we're done insulting each other like little children, I'm ready to talk about this like adults," I said the last part, a little colder making both of them purse their lips but getting a relived expression from penelope.

"Alright, Mr. Moore, you want to loan money from me to start building more small buisness for the company, am I right?" I stated, motioning a hand towards him, making him instantly agree.

"But you," I pointed at the young woman. "Want to showcase our upcoming collection across the seas in other districts to expand our reach, right?" Once again, I got another yes ma'am in agreement.

"Why don't we cut it like this I'll each give the same amount of 3 mill. the one that brings me more money back I'll put full deposits towards your cause but the one who brings me back less will have to pay me back my money plus interest" I watched as both of them thought over my decision before both of them nodded sastifed with my answer.

I got them to sign some papers to fortify the deal before they both walked out of my office, chatting like they were old-time friends.

Once they left, I sighed aloud. I seemed to be putting up with more bullshit than usual these days.