𝐒𝐈𝐗

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    HE HAD UNDERESTIMATED MAYA. Vader should've expected it, predicted it. A small huff of irritation leaves his lips as he sees that the girl wasn't going to let up. His eyes move from his stubborn daughter to Astrid who slept in the passenger seat of his starfighter. He hadn't expected Maya to wake up just yet so he went to the storage closet to get them both blankets, only to return to the girl guarding her mother.

    "Let me just put a blanket on her," Vader attempts to reason, lifting the softly knitted blanket to show the truth in his point. It was amusing to see from anyone else's perspective. The terrible Emperor has to haggle with his own child who is just as, if not more, stubborn than him.

    "Give it to me," Maya says with a bite to her tiny voice, her hands held out towards the blankets. She wasn't going to let him touch her mother because she didn't know who she was. Maya is and probably always will be protective over her mother, and this mindset clearly bumped heads with Vader's own overprotectiveness. "I'll put it on mommy."

    "Fine, but can I at least make her more comfortable?" Vader tries to bargain as he begins to realize that Maya was much more headstrong than Astrid and himself. His hand gestures to Astrid whose head is bent to the side, a position that would definitely cause soreness when she woke up.