11. Talk

September 26th, 2020

I finished my shower and dryed my hair, brushed my teeth, and did my skin care. I was scared behind beyond belief of Heeseung wanting to talk.

Once I had gotten dressed in my pajamas I took a deep breath and texted Heeseung that I was done showering. Within minutes he was knocking at my door. What did he even want to talk about? Yesterday?

I let him in. He walked into the kitchen and sat on one of the island chairs. I sat in the one next to him, nervous about what he has to say. I had my arms leaned against the island top and I stared down at my hands.

I must admit that I was scared of what Heeseung was going to say. "If I'm honest Jeongmi," Heeseung began as the suspense built, "I saw how sick you looked at practice. I could tell you didn't feel well. You also seemed light-headed if I remember correctly."

I pulled out my phone and typed. "Is that what you came to talk about?" Then showed him with an unamused expression. He put my phone down. "I know I said for you not to drink again but listen. Me and my old friend are going out to drink. I was wondering if you wa-" I jumped out of my seat, making him pause in speech.

I went over to the dresser and pulled out some simple clothes. Heeseung watched quietly. That monster I was talking about, now I can silence it for a hours. The child shall have rest. I shyly went into the bathroom and I changed into the simple outfit.

I hopped out and went back into the kitchen. I grabbed my phone off the island and waited for Heeseung to say something. "Hey seriously, this is the last time I better see you drink ok?" He stated. I nodded with a small smile on my face.

He got up and we both put some shoes on. We walked together to a car outside that was waiting for us. Heeseung introduced me to his childhood friend, Kwangjo. Then we were off to a bar that was only five minutes away.

Us three went inside and ordered some pretty heavy drinks to start with. Kwangjo handed me and Heeseung hangover relief before we started drinking. I drank mine and threw the trash away, then began to drink.

Heeseung and Kwangjo talked a lot while I silently and awkwardly listened. Suddenly someone came up beside me. He looked around my age. "Hey you look a little sad, you doing alright?" He asked with a sweet smile. It was obvious he wasnt drunk, maybe tipsy but otherwise he was fine.

I held up a finger to signal for him to wait as I opened my phone and typed that I was mute. He read it and held a small frown. "That's alright. I'm Xiao Jun." He greeted pleasantly.

I typed my name and showed him. "That's a cute name. Hey, are you here alone or are you with these guys? Gotta make sure a pretty girl like you gets home safe." He questioned with a sly smirk. I blushed and sipped on my drink before nodding.

Xiao Jun also ordered a drink and two shots for us. We took the shot together, his handsome smile plastered on his face the whole time. I let Xiao Jun do most the talking and sometimes answered with my phone of course.

He was a really sweet guy and we ended up exchanging numbers. Turns out hes only 20. That reminded me that I'll be 20 in two months. Well I never celebrated my birthday so it didnt matter.

We took about five more shots together. Things were getting blurry and dark. The alchohol took effect. The monster was asleep and the child could rest. Kwangjo and Heeseung had also taken quite a few shots and were still talking.

Heeseung seemed off though. I didnt care to much about it. Me and Xiao Jun were in our own world while he blabbed on and I listened intently. Then for a minute he stopped talking just to stare in my eyes.