28. New Years

(Sorry for the delay I've been busy)

December 31st, 2020

"I didnt mean to make you uncomfortable. Continue eating." Heeseung apologized, sliding my food back infront of me. I would love to continue eating if I wasn't SICK now. I picked it up and just threw it away.

"Jeongmi seriously?" Heeseung asked, looking frustrated. I ignored him and grabbed my phone, about to walk away but Heeseung grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.

Now we were close, faces inches away from one another. Heeseung's eyes sparkled like the ocean under sunlight. "Dont you think you let others effect you too much?" Heeseung asked, inching his face closer.

I broke eye contact and snatched away from him, walking over to the couch in a heartbeat. I do let others effect me too much. It's a rough trait of mine I suppose and it's how I've always been.

Everything was falling into a loop that I couldnt control. It was making me feel worse than I already do. This made my thirst for an escape stronger. Every bit of my body was screaming for alchohol.

It was making goosebumps climb across my skin. I wanted to be ok so bad, but I couldnt do it alone. I couldn't do it without substances. I wanted help but in the worse way possible.

A way that would of course ruin everything I've tried to build for myself. I'll fall back to where I came from. A dark and evil house that lured over me no matter how many steps I took away from it.

Yet of course its entirely not fault right, Heeseung? Yes I understand that I havent told him the whole story but why should someone go ahead and blame someone entirely for something that was out of their control?

Odd. Heeseung walked over to me and leaned over my body. "What's wrong?" He asked, seeing the distress in my expression. I shook my head, holding back tears as I felt my own depression ripping at my skin and bones.

He frowned, something in his eyes changed as if he could see through me. It scared me. I looked about but he was quick to redirect my vision back to him. He gently moved me aside and sat where I was.

Unexpectedly, he grabbed my waist and legs then sat me on his lap. I was frozen as if the Ice Age was making a comeback. "Relax Jeongmi. Just tell me what's wrong. I can tell theres something going on with you." He reassured, rubbing my back.

His hand gently moving along my back respectfully made me less tense but I was of course still on guard. I nudged his chest and pointed at my throat to remind him I dont talk.

"Oh...I forgot." Heeseung awkwardly laughed. I smiled softly to hint that it was fine. "Then just relax for a while and let your stress go ok? For this moment, be you." Heeseung sounded poetic.

It warmed my heart. I was quick to wrap my arms around his neck and rest my figure against his. He snaked his arms around my waist and hugged onto me. I breathed in his delightful scent of the cologne he used so often.

Soon all my muscles relaxed and I was like a ragdoll laying on Heeseung. My eyelids shut smoothly as I felt myself drifting in and out of sleep.

Time skip

I woke up to someone gently shaking me. I lifted my head up quickly. I was still on Heeseung. He looked like he had also just woken up. "Its almost midnight Jeongmi." He whispered in a raspy voice.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time to be sure. It was 11:45pm. Jay had texted me saying me and Heeseung should hurry over to their dorm so everyone could celebrate together.

That text was sent about twenty minutes ago. I got flustered and stood up, running to my dresser and quickly tried to find an outfit. "You can stay in pajamas if you wish." Heeseung said, now also standing up.