Chapter 4

"Why gold?" Connor asked

"It glows." I said

Connor and Trevor nodded. We finished the video. Connor turned off the camera and started editing. Trevor went to his room and I went downstairs to check on Ricky. He was sitting on the couch. His phone was shattered into a million pieces on the floor. He held his head in his hands rocking back and forth on the couch. I walked down to him.

"Oh my gosh Ricky." I said

His phone was in more piece than it was meant to be.

"What happened?" I asked

"She's dead. Gone." Ricky sobbed

I remembered that he had a crush on this girl at our old school forever. Her name was Anne. Anne and Ricky had started dating 3 years ago. She got cancer last year. She kept fighting for Ricky.

"I can believe this. She's gone. Just left. Without me." Ricky sobbed

I sat on the couch next to him. I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Ricky. I wish there was something I could do." I said softly

He pulled away from me.

"You've done enough for me." Ricky said

Ricky dashed up the stairs to his room. I started to pick up the pieces of his phone. Then Kian, Sam and Jc walked in.

"Hey party city!" Jc yelled

I got on my knees and picked up the rest of the pieces.

"You alright Mel?" Sam asked

I didn't say anything. I got up and threw the remnants of Ricky's phone in the trash. I saw bleeding cuts on my hands. I went over to the sink and started washing the blood of my hands. Kian walked into the kitchen. He came over to me.

"Mel, what happened? Why did you just throw your phone away?" Kian asked

"That wasn't my phone it was Ricky's. He shattered it." I said

"Why is there blood on your hands? What happened?" Kian asked

"I came downstairs and Ricky's phone was shattered on the floor and he was crying. I comforted him. That's all that happened." I said, drying my hands

"Ricky? Crying?" Kian said

"His girlfriend died about 15 minutes ago." I said

"Oh."

I walked out of the kitchen and went up to Ricky's room. I knocked on the door. When he didn't answer, I walked in. Ricky was in his bathroom. His face was wet with water and his arm was covered in blood. I rushed over to him.

"Ricky, what did you do?" I said

I washed his arm off and wrapped it in bandages.

"I can't live without her." Ricky said

"Yes you can. You're a fighter. This is not the Ricky I know." I said

"Mel, can I ask you a serious question?" Ricky asked

"Sure."

"When your mother died, how did you deal with it?"

"For the first 6 months, I was devastated. After that, I just learned to accept she was gone and I would see her soon."

"Thank you Mel."

I nodded. He pulled me in for a hug. I pulled back. I walked out of his room and let him be by himself. I was just hoping he wouldn't injure himself again. I sat down on the couch. I looked down at my hands.I saw a light outside. I heard a helicopter. Kian came rushing downstairs.

"Mel, the FBI is here. What did you do?" Kian whispered

"I didn't do anything I swear." I said

They started pounding on the door. Everyone rushed downstairs. I looked at Kian. I gave him a peck on the lips. I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I was in my grandmother's house. My grandmother lived in London.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this was a shorter chapter.

More is coming! I promise you!

What is Kian gonna do? Why is the FBI after her? Who Knows!

Bye loves